Anyone else waiting for the 2022 announcement before they pull the trigger?

Silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2JZ IS300
You would think they would give 2022 a dual note horn, fix the mirrors to address buffeting....and the oil consumption. I'd like to see a revised dash with more info along with a fuel and temp gauge with more resolution.

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Found out today,
Turns out the Race Track version looses, HUD, Wireless Charger, JBL Premium and leather.
This is all the same sort of stuff BMW is suffering with at the moment with options in regards to the chip shortage in production.

I have a feeling this is likely to impact future factory orders possibly too. Current wait time for UK is 3-4 Months. They could even do the same changes to the Pro when bringing out the revised MY22
My dealer did say they are due to bring out a new model code (heard from contacts) However it is unlikely to be anything drastic, maybe some new colours.
This is for the UK though, could be different elsewhere.
Another member for Northern Ireland and me (from Germany) had our orders from January delayed from May to August for this reason. I don't think they will change much. I got the dealership to cancel my custom order and received a Jarama Racetrack Edition, going to pick it up next week. My custom order did not have HUD, wireless charging, etc. anyway, so for me its not a problem. I loved the Jarama Racetrack Edition the moment I saw it and am very happy that I snagged one! There are only 90 produced in Europe! I paid less than a grand more for it so it was a great deal too

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Another member for Northern Ireland and me (from Germany) had our orders from January delayed from May to August for this reason. I don't think they will change much. I got the dealership to cancel my custom order and received a Jarama Racetrack Edition, going to pick it up next week. My custom order did not have HUD, wireless charging, etc. anyway, so for me its not a problem. I loved the Jarama Racetrack Edition the moment I saw it and am very happy that I snagged one! There are only 90 produced in Europe! I paid less than a grand more for it so it was a great deal too
Awesome!! I love that Blue paint with the black wheel combo, its an absolutely stunning spec. I would take that in a heartbeat if it had the options of the Pro too.
Unfortunately over here no dealers were doing discounts, obviously because its limited so was a bit too much out my price range. Very lucky get one let alone that discount!
It should hold better value though being limited.
I think the A91 special in the USA is the same in regards to not having the extras anyway so that's why our Race Track version doesn't have the extras.

I was able to get a new stock car or cancelled order luckily for a even bigger discount than Carwow offers so will be collecting mine soon! Can't wait!

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
My 2021 doesn't drink oil, at least no where near the levels that some people are complaining about. Secondly, I bought the car to modify it, so I really don't care about a little oil consumption. I plan on building at least the top half of the motor so I cared a lot more about being able to tune it.

I for one am glad that I didn't wait for the 22 and found my tunicorn
Yeah I’ve seen their listing prices jump up over 1-3k in my area.

RIP
Here as well, it's ridiculous.

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Anyone waiting for 2022 models should be aware of the chip shortage which is now impacting several options on new BMW models. Currently, Harmon-Karden stereo upgrades, passenger seat lumbar and width controls, and a couple of other things like foot-activated trunk release are no longer available for order on most low-end models. BMW has stated such options won't return until likely 2022.

There's a chance the 2022 Supras get hit with this, too. We may see temporary deletion of certain options until the chip shortage is resolved. Something to consider in the 2021 vs 2022 decision.
add heated steering wheel to the list (friend got a new e-class)

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
New here but I've been lurking for awhile.

I've chatted with a family member who owns a Toyota Dealership and I've chatted with the local dealer's sales manager. From what they have been told, '22 models will not see any major changes. Colors sound to be the same. My family members contact mentioned red interior will be an option on the Phantom. August is allocation and arrival to states is estimated to be around October. Some calls have been made to friends of friends who work closely with the TRD team but haven't heard any more. If I hear anymore info, I'll share.
This was super accurate to the T
Sponsored