Anyone else waiting for the 2022 announcement before they pull the trigger?

BuyHighSellLow

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Premium, MK6 Jetta
With all the 2021 oil issues im reading about, im hesitant to pull the trigger. Ill most likely wait for the 2022 and hopefully see some fixes. Unless I can find a deal I cant pass up on a used 2020 without the oil issues. Sadly all the used 2020 premiums in SoCal are 50-52k+.
Sponsored

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
With all the 2021 oil issues im reading about, im hesitant to pull the trigger. Ill most likely wait for the 2022 and hopefully see some fixes. Unless I can find a deal I cant pass up on a used 2020 without the oil issues. Sadly all the used 2020 premiums in SoCal are 50-52k+.
Respectfully, 15-20 folks posting between here and facebook doesn't constitute much of a reason to hold due to oil consumption. If you want the supra, buy it and enjoy the hell out of it. They come with a full warranty and Toyota will take care of you if anything nutty does happen. Not to simply dismiss your concerns, but there would be a lot more noise if this was affecting every 21 owner.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm still waiting to see oil issues on my 2021. I picked it up a month ago with 11 miles on it, I've got a little over 2k now. It's still right where it was. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it drank a little bit during the break-in, though I haven't seen it yet. I check everyday.

BuyHighSellLow

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Premium, MK6 Jetta
Respectfully, 15-20 folks posting between here and facebook doesn't constitute much of a reason to hold due to oil consumption. If you want the supra, buy it and enjoy the hell out of it. They come with a full warranty and Toyota will take care of you if anything nutty does happen. Not to simply dismiss your concerns, but there would be a lot more noise if this was affecting every 21 owner.
I totally agree with you there. My decision is a bit more emotional. I just know myself and I’m gonna be so bummed out if it happens to me. Especially since this will be my first sports car purchase.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
I'm still waiting to see oil issues on my 2021. I picked it up a month ago with 11 miles on it, I've got a little over 2k now. It's still right where it was. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it drank a little bit during the break-in, though I haven't seen it yet. I check everyday.
What's your build date?

Reactions: zrk

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Hi Zack, my oil level didn't start to dip, until about 2,500 miles or so. I guess the average area of concern is around the 3000-4000 mile mark. I hope yours doesn't end up drinking oil. Make sure you drive it like a granny for the first 10-15 minutes until the oil gets up to temp, then by all means drop the hammer.

turbopk

First Name
Pk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 ford edge(DD)
I am probably on this list as I am still working on my credit. Never financed a car over $30K so lenders are throwing way to high of interest at me for a 2020-2021
Open to any suggestions?

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Anyone waiting for 2022 models should be aware of the chip shortage which is now impacting several options on new BMW models. Currently, Harmon-Karden stereo upgrades, passenger seat lumbar and width controls, and a couple of other things like foot-activated trunk release are no longer available for order on most low-end models. BMW has stated such options won't return until likely 2022.

There's a chance the 2022 Supras get hit with this, too. We may see temporary deletion of certain options until the chip shortage is resolved. Something to consider in the 2021 vs 2022 decision.

the1stcody

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Trail 4Runner, 2019 Jeep Wrangler,
New here but I've been lurking for awhile.

I've chatted with a family member who owns a Toyota Dealership and I've chatted with the local dealer's sales manager. From what they have been told, '22 models will not see any major changes. Colors sound to be the same. My family members contact mentioned red interior will be an option on the Phantom. August is allocation and arrival to states is estimated to be around October. Some calls have been made to friends of friends who work closely with the TRD team but haven't heard any more. If I hear anymore info, I'll share.

mortavious

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Absolute Zero

I've chatted with a family member who owns a Toyota Dealership and I've chatted with the local dealer's sales manager. From what they have been told, '22 models will not see any major changes. Colors sound to be the same. My family members contact mentioned red interior will be an option on the Phantom. August is allocation and arrival to states is estimated to be around October. Some calls have been made to friends of friends who work closely with the TRD team but haven't heard any more. If I hear anymore info, I'll share.
Hopefully that means they will make some more blue ones!

BuyHighSellLow

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Premium, MK6 Jetta

dangg not until august? I might have to pull the trigger on a 2021. Sadly SoCal dealers aren’t very flexible with me so far. Hopefully a deal can be landed on Memorial Day.

btw - any news on Memorial Day promotions?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Prices for 21’s just went up again? Im out of northern Virginia and couldn’t believe the prices at this dealer.
~ A 15k mark up... that’s humorous.

Come to Columbus, Ohio for every dealer has a yellow 3.0 premium in stock and they will discount 5k plus off msrp. I just saved you 20k. ?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Even with the warranty, do you really want your brand new Supra to go through the hassle and getting a new swap? Engine bay/etc will be probably scratched and etc. I know for myself, I definitely don’t want to chance it. Most dealerships can even barely do an oil change on a new Supra. Do you really trust your local Toyota dealership swapping a brand new motor into your Supra? Lol
Sponsored