Anyone else waiting for the 2022 announcement before they pull the trigger?

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Even with the warranty, do you really want your brand new Supra to go through the hassle and getting a new swap? Engine bay/etc will be probably scratched and etc. I know for myself, I definitely don’t want to chance it. Most dealerships can even barely do an oil change on a new Supra. Do you really trust your local Toyota dealership swapping a brand new motor into your Supra? Lol
You cherry picked a small part of my reply but to answer your question, no. Of course not. The point of my post is very few people are having issues with their cars. Thousands have been sold and if this issue was affecting every car, there would be a whole lot more complaining across the internet. The data simply shows that he can indeed buy the car, enjoy the car, and if he falls into the tiny percentage of folks who get a bad one, there is a warranty for it.
Sponsored

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
81Celica Supra(1st Car)/Taco/Ghia/A91 Wannabe
Ford and Chevy are shutting plants down because of the chip shortage. I wouldn't be surprised if there won't be a 2022 model at all, and they'll skip a year.
In that case I have a tunable 21 for sale for 200k if you can pry it from my wife's hands. :cool:

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
I'm curious why not a C8?

I tried to order a C8 and Chevy literally will not take my money for a car built 4 hours away. I realize there are various delays but I wanted a new quick and fun car sooner than the year and a half the Chevy dealers were telling me (I had already sold a few vehicles to make my bride happy). No regrets.

BuyHighSellLow

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Premium, MK6 Jetta
Dealerships are catching on to the chip shortage. They know the 2022’s will be delayed and have starting marking up the 2021’s.

-RJM
Yeah I’ve seen their listing prices jump up over 1-3k in my area.

RIP

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Some info from Europe here: @PeteBaja & my orders (both January this year) have been postponed from May to August and according to the information from PeteBaja's dealership, it's because of changes to the model. My dealer did not yet confirm the reason, but confirmed the postponement. This might actually indicate some rather bigger changes? But remember, we did not get the 2021 model changes (the more powerful engine tune, suspension, etc.) in Europe so maybe they are now introducing that to the EU as well.

On the other side, MAGNA Steyr (company that builds the Z4 & Supra) has put 1000 employees on "hold" because of the chip shortage. So maybe it's just delayed because of this. (Source in German)

GenericUser1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Prem. Yelllow, 2017 BMW R9T Classic
I'll trade you straight up for my 6900XT Red Devil GPU ;)
Tried to build a pc last year and couldn't find a GPU and CPU, started having issues and decided to reuse my GTX 1070 on a new build. Just finished it this weekend.

My daily gamble for Newegg shuffle starts in 25 mins. It's either that or camp out at Microcenter each night hoping for GPU Christmas. :crazy:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Tried to build a pc last year and couldn't find a GPU and CPU, started having issues and decided to reuse my GTX 1070 on a new build. Just finished it this weekend.

My daily gamble for Newegg shuffle starts in 25 mins. It's either that or camp out at Microcenter each night hoping for GPU Christmas. :crazy:
I walked into Microcenter for a CPU and randomly asked the guy if he had a 6800XT laying around, showed me the 6900XT Red Devil, and snagged it lol.

Reactions: zrk

GenericUser1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Prem. Yelllow, 2017 BMW R9T Classic
I walked into Microcenter for a CPU and randomly asked the guy if he had a 6800XT laying around, showed me the 6900XT Red Devil, and snagged it lol.
You should have bought lotto tickets too. I went and picked up a x570 board and 5800x and they told me they start lining up at 3am now or earlier. No guarantee they even get a truck each day either. So annoying I just need one.

Once the weather warms up I may try to get there before they open, will give me another excuse to ride my bike.

Sorry for the threadjack.

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Hello all new here from the UK.
Looking to get into a Supra and will be visiting soon to look at one.

Interesting to see the model change in US from MY20 to MY21 as here in the UK/EU we didn't get that.
However they have just released orders for a new limited edition model called the GR SUPRA JARAMA RACE TRACK EDITION, looks the same colour as the A91 you get in the US.

The interesting part is that it comes with Android Auto, something that I take isn't on the current model.

I find it strange if they do plan or releasing a new version as they have only just opened orders for the limited edition one.
My bet is that the EU/UK is not getting the future US MY22 changes or that it could be already implemented to the Race track edition and nothing much has changed. (For EU/UK at least)

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Found out today,
Turns out the Race Track version looses, HUD, Wireless Charger, JBL Premium and leather.
This is all the same sort of stuff BMW is suffering with at the moment with options in regards to the chip shortage in production.

I have a feeling this is likely to impact future factory orders possibly too. Current wait time for UK is 3-4 Months. They could even do the same changes to the Pro when bringing out the revised MY22
My dealer did say they are due to bring out a new model code (heard from contacts) However it is unlikely to be anything drastic, maybe some new colours.
This is for the UK though, could be different elsewhere.