APEX Wheels | 19" Forged Sprint™ Line Group Buy - Concluded -

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
I've seen a setup that was very similar to yours work with the 19x11 et40 wheels. The details on that car are on the bottom of this OP:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/go-wider-with-apex-18x11-et40-square-on-the-gr-supra.12814/

He was running narrower tires that may have helped with the fitment. If you run a wider tire, you may need a small front spacer, but the HKS HAS kit has surprisingly good inner clearance.

-Tom
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I can get away with a 275 on the rear (pure 850). Was thinking more along the lines of 305s. Time to push some boundaries then and see how it fits when they get here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I can get away with a 275 on the rear (pure 850). Was thinking more along the lines of 305s. Time to push some boundaries then and see how it fits when they get here.
Wider tires will fit fine in the rear, but be more difficult to fit up front. 305/30-19 should be a direct fit in the back, but running them square will require quite a few modifications.

-Tom

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
A more in depth look at true on car footage of the VS-5RS.

Specs:

Satin Bronze VS-5RS
Front: 19x9.5 ET25 with 265/30-19 Falken RT660
Rear: 19x11 ET40 with 305/30-19 Falken RT660

Anthracite EC-7RS
Front & Rear: 18x11 ET40 with 315/30-18 Nitto NT01s

I know we have a few of you patiently waiting for our inbound shipment of VS-5RS wheels. Hopefully this footage of our on car shoot helps with the wait.​

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
I couldn't wait and ended up getting Titan7's. With that said, the VS-5RS looks amazing. :bow:

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Pretty sure it makes the wait worse. It's the thought that counts I guess.
Sorry to keep building anticipation 😅. They'll be worth the wait for sure.

I couldn't wait and ended up getting Titan7's. With that said, the VS-5RS looks amazing. :bow:
Thanks for the kind words! Maybe we'll be on your radar for the next set. :)

Beautiful! They don't come in black?
Not yet! Its on my to do list for this market/fitment.

-Tom

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
I'm waiting for vs5rs in 18x10 et30 😇 I am patient but still hope it's less than a year from now.

idk I may be the only one lol. dem 19" sidewalls look like the car been skipping leg day or something. too skinny for me 😅

PARA90N

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra
A more in depth look at true on car footage of the VS-5RS.

Specs:

Satin Bronze VS-5RS
Front: 19x9.5 ET25 with 265/30-19 Falken RT660
Rear: 19x11 ET40 with 305/30-19 Falken RT660

Anthracite EC-7RS
Front & Rear: 18x11 ET40 with 315/30-18 Nitto NT01s

I know we have a few of you patiently waiting for our inbound shipment of VS-5RS wheels. Hopefully this footage of our on car shoot helps with the wait.​
You have a very willing buyer right here who would part with his cash for a set in black!

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Any idea on eta for the black version of the VS-5RS?
I'm waiting for vs5rs in 18x10 et30 😇 I am patient but still hope it's less than a year from now.
Satin Black production has been approved on these. We should see sets arriving in September of this year if everything is smooth in terms of shipping.

-Tom

Last edited:

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Satin Black production has been approved on these. We should see sets arriving in September of this year if everything is smooth in terms of shipping.

-Tom
Any plans on another group buy when the black ones become available??

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Any plans on another group buy when the black ones become available??
No plans for a 19" Group Buy re-run for the satin Black units as they are more of a restock order. This may change and if it does I'll post here.

same question but the 18s (ideally in bronze?) instead
I goofed when replying earlier. 18" VS-5RS have been approved and will be produced but I think they may take a bit longer to arrive compared to the satin black 19s as they had to go through engineering. Not sure on the Group Buy prospects for these fitments just yet.

-Tom

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
same question but the 18s (ideally in bronze?) instead
Our Production and Sales planning team are keeping me on my toes with all of the changes and new wheels: We just launched an 18" re-run for our Forged VS-5RS wheels, but we snuck the 18" VS-5RS wheels into this Group Buy as well. You can learn more and pledge here:

https://www.gangup.com/apex/18-forged-sprint-q3-2022.html

Both our 18x10 ET30 and 18x11 ET40 wheels can be purchased in this group buy in square 10, square 11 or staggered fitments. Our EC-7RS in Satin Bronze is also included.

Satin Black fans: We were really limited in the number of finishes we could bring over with this first run of 18" VS-5RS wheels. Based on past sales data and your feedback, I requested Satin Black be added for the first run of production and that Brushed Clear be cut from the initial production. Satin black will be offered alongside Anthracite and Satin Bronze.

The GangUp configurator currently shows Brushed clear as an option. This isn't correct. Please don't pledge for it as it shouldn't be there. That will be pulled down shortly. Brushed clear will likely be available in the future, but it won't be coming in this first fitment.

The Supra wheels on this Group buy have a later ETA than the other markets, but I'm happy to finally be offering a less aggressive 18" forged option in our all new design. Photo renders and a proper full post in this section to come, but wanted to give everyone on this thread a heads up.

-Tom
Sponsored