Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
So... I’m assuming that CarPlay works ( on Supra) only on Bluetooth, on my phone under general settings, it says phone is connected on WiFi and Bluetooth, again I’m
Assuming, I have to disconnect WiFi from phone to make Bluetooth/ CarPlay work?

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
So... I’m assuming that CarPlay works ( on Supra) only on Bluetooth, on my phone under general settings, it says phone is connected on WiFi and Bluetooth, again I’m
Assuming, I have to disconnect WiFi from phone to make Bluetooth/ CarPlay work?
Infotainment uses WiFi to connect to CarPlay and Bluetooth to connect to phone.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
My Carplay is hit and miss. Sometime it connects through WiFi sometimes through bluetooth and sometimes not at all. Its always a guessing game when I get in the car. Hopefully the next iOS update fixes it.

-RJM

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
My Carplay is hit and miss. Sometime it connects through WiFi sometimes through bluetooth and sometimes not at all. Its always a guessing game when I get in the car. Hopefully the next iOS update fixes it.

-RJM
I’m running iOS 14.4.2 on my iPhone 8 Plus. The only issue I’ve had, a couple of times, was not having WiFi on when I started the car, and turning it on after the fact didn’t allow CarPlay to connect. And that was two or three versions back. As long as WiFi and Bluetooth are on before I start the car, it always works.

bhamvett

First Name
SR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2013 FR-S
Toyota will eventually retrofit CarPlay for the regular Supra in the future. They did this for the 18 Camry. We charge 1 hour labor.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
I have 2021 Supra and I am able to connect via Apple Car Play without any issues. I also have an Apple watch which works as well. The only problem I have is that once connected to my Supra
via Apple Car Play I have a problem with watch not ring once I am out of the car. I must power on/off phone before watch returns to normal operation.

TSHedrick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
You can if your iPhone works.. my iPhone's CarPlay no longer works with my Supra since iOS14.x.x. I tried everything. CarPlay no longer shows up on the Supra's screen as if it wasn't there from the start.

It worked perfectly last year before I hibernated the car and iPhone was still iOS13.x
That's really odd. Mine worked flawlessly through iOS 14 and continues to do so in iOS 15. In fact, I'm trying to figure out how to keep the media source from immediately switching to ApplePlay as soon as I get in the Supra as I prefer listening to Sat Radio presets and it gets annoying having to deselect Apple CarPlay as the media source each and every time. Anyone how to make another media source the default?

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
That's really odd. Mine worked flawlessly through iOS 14 and continues to do so in iOS 15. In fact, I'm trying to figure out how to keep the media source from immediately switching to ApplePlay as soon as I get in the Supra as I prefer listening to Sat Radio presets and it gets annoying having to deselect Apple CarPlay as the media source each and every time. Anyone how to make another media source the default?
Mine has been hit and miss with this at around a 50/50 rate. Sometimes it will start up with CarPlay audio, other times it stays on SiriusXM like it was when I last drove it. Luckily it's easy to switch. I just hit the mode button on the steering wheel.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
WiFi and Bluetooth need to be on before you get in the car are it gets all shitty.
This!!! I hate when I get in only to find wifi is off. That’s because turning on the wifi after you get in is a crap shoot. Half the time I turn off the car, go back inside, and wait a bit.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This!!! I hate when I get in only to find wifi is off. That’s because turning on the wifi after you get in is a crap shoot. Half the time I turn off the car, go back inside, and wait a bit.
If WiFi is off, you have to power cycle the car (open door, etc).

TSHedrick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Mine has been hit and miss with this at around a 50/50 rate. Sometimes it will start up with CarPlay audio, other times it stays on SiriusXM like it was when I last drove it. Luckily it's easy to switch. I just hit the mode button on the steering wheel.
Yeah I know, I do the same. It’s just the repetitiveness of having to force it back to XM every single time that gets annoying. Seems like it should be easy to select a default media source at startup to resolve this.
Sponsored