Auto Trunk Support Lifts

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
For the "close a door and the trunk latches" people, start rotating your bump stops for the trunk counter clockwise 1/4 turn each time it happens until it stops happening.
~ Tried that suggestion in the past and the hatch then sits higher than the rear quarter panels when closed. Not a good look.
Sponsored

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
~ Tried that suggestion in the past and the hatch then sits higher than the rear quarter panels when closed. Not a good look.
I could understand that if you unscrewed arbitrarily like some people did, but I fine-tuned mine and my fitment is still fine and it hasn't happened in a while even with an intentional slam

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
For the "close a door and the trunk latches" people, start rotating your bump stops for the trunk counter clockwise 1/4 turn each time it happens until it stops happening
Good advise. 👍

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I could understand that if you unscrewed arbitrarily like some people did, but I fine-tuned mine and my fitment is still fine and it hasn't happened in a while even with an intentional slam.
~ I tried this and it still sits up too high when closed. Boo.

Still awaiting my strut arms (delayed via FedEx).

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I was able to solve this problem in case anyone is looking for a similar solution. Have attached photo of trunk open all the way as proof.

Rather than buy and install a one off shock in my Supra. I bought a Sequoia platnium as a second vehicle and now just drive that when I need to put junk in the trunk.

I advise you do the same. 🤣

20220605_131603.jpg

Last edited:

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I was able to solve this problem in case anyone is looking for a similar solution. Have attached photo of trunk open all the way as proof.

Rather than buy and install a one off shock in my Supra. I bought a Sequoia platnium as a second vehicle and now just drive that when I need to put junk in the trunk.

I advise you do the same. 🤣

20220605_131603.jpg
Pfff dailying anything other than a sports car is blasphemy in my mind, Supra daily!

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Keep us updated. Very interested in this.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
These arrived today... Easy install and a perfect fit. The trunk pops up higher than with the stock support struts and opens quickly... But it doesn't full open on it's own as anticipated.

I’ve reached back out to the company for advise of which struts will allow an instant hatch raise with the push of the hatch button. Some have talked about a helper spring that attaches to the support shock to allow the aid in initial lift. Stay tuned.

Sponsored