Baby Has New Shoes

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
@FlynnZero Wow, first set of aftermarket wheels I actually like on this car.

Nice choice. Can you share the offset and spoke style if there are various versions for back spacing?

Also if you have any diagonal shots of the car I want to see how much poke there is if any..

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
Looks good! Love the color with black. One day I’ll get her some new shoes, moneys tight right now ?

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I really like this. I feel like I don’t see 20s on cars like these. Is that because of any reason in particular ?

dynamic

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 2.0, Hyundai i30 Fastback
What a nice choice, congrats! :thumbsup:
I always thought 20“ look too big on stock height, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
FlynnZero

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Got my Forgestar CFV5s on today. 20”, 305 in rear and 275 on front. Love the stance at stock height. The rears are so wide. Anyone else got new shoes lately?

EF682C01-1088-459D-963E-01DB95AF4DD1.jpeg

CE1EEF60-6FA8-405F-B72A-22361B5F8F9C.jpeg
These are Forgestar CF5V Deep Concave in Bronze Burst. Wanted Super Deep Concave, but they would stick well outside the fenders to clear the calipers. The Deep Concave come right to edge of the fenders. Forgestar and Discount Tires worked together on the package. Discount Tire is a Forgestar distributor. Forgestar has this fit down to a science. They have done other Supra’s obviously.

Front 20X9.5 +23 275/30R20
Rear 20X11 +35 305/30R20

I went with Continental Extreme Contact Sports. Pretty sticky tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FlynnZero

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
What a nice choice, congrats! :thumbsup:
I always thought 20“ look too big on stock height, thanks for sharing.
The 20” fit is only about 0.5” bigger in dia on the tire diameter. Only throws off your Speedo like 1 mph.

OP
OP
FlynnZero

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I really like this. I feel like I don’t see 20s on cars like these. Is that because of any reason in particular ?
No idea. I think it’s a personal choice. There is a good video on YT explaining why a 20” rim and tire fit is better from an engineering point of view. I like I get more road contact than before. I don’t feel like I am sliding around as much as the OEM setup.

OP
OP
FlynnZero

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
@FlynnZero Wow, first set of aftermarket wheels I actually like on this car.

Nice choice. Can you share the offset and spoke style if there are various versions for back spacing?

Also if you have any diagonal shots of the car I want to see how much poke there is if any..

Attachments

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
No idea. I think it’s a personal choice. There is a good video on YT explaining why a 20” rim and tire fit is better from an engineering point of view. I like I get more road contact than before. I don’t feel like I am sliding around as much as the OEM setup.
Can you link this video because the engineer part of me really wants to understand this. The contact patch which would be the road contact aspect should be related to tire width which wouldn’t change based on diameter necessarily but on width of the wheel. The sidewall change would improve cornering as you ran a smaller sidewall because the flex would change but I’d be curious to watch the video and see if he explains something different.
thank you!

OP
OP
FlynnZero

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Can you link this video because the engineer part of me really wants to understand this. The contact patch which would be the road contact aspect should be related to tire width which wouldn’t change based on diameter necessarily but on width of the wheel. The sidewall change would improve cornering as you ran a smaller sidewall because the flex would change but I’d be curious to watch the video and see if he explains something different.
thank you!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
@FlynnZero, Awesome! Congrats again and thanks for the info on the wheels. Very nice.
Sponsored