Bad battery? (Help appreciated) Issues on cold crank here recently.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I knew it all along. :slap:
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Man, been there. I’ve been working on cars for almost thirty years now and I still manage to do dumb ass things.

Glad you figured it out before tow and dealer!

FYI, for the future, the transmission has a little lever under the car to put it in neutral.

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
A thrilling side story coming to an end....

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
A thrilling side story coming to an end....
It was a Rollercoaster for sure. It was intense enough to some how cause the positive terminal bolt to come completely loose.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Man, been there. I’ve been working on cars for almost thirty years now and I still manage to do dumb ass things.

Glad you figured it out before tow and dealer!

FYI, for the future, the transmission has a little lever under the car to put it in neutral.
Holy crap that's good info, thanks a lot!

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wait, we know why the car was having issues, but we still don’t know why the positive was loose.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Wait, we know why the car was having issues, but we still don’t know why the positive was loose.
The robot that was supposed to tighten it got Covid that day? Lots of things can happen on an assembly line - even mostly automated ones. Probably tightened it just enough to not have problems until vibrations eventually worked it loose.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The robot that was supposed to tighten it got Covid that day? Lots of things can happen on an assembly line - even mostly automated ones. Probably tightened it just enough to not have problems until vibrations eventually worked it loose.
Probably the first part. But not the robot itself, rather it was the robot’s friend's sister’s coworker’s cousin passed by someone on the sidewalk with COVID so it had to stay home.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Probably the first part. But not the robot itself, rather it was the robot’s friend's sister’s coworker’s cousin passed by someone on the sidewalk with COVID so it had to stay home.
Lol. The most likely answer is that it was my fault. I have a Fuel-It Ethanol Analyer on my car and it's connected to that positive terminal. I'm going to guess I didn't tighten it down enough when I installed the Fuel-It, obviously because I didn't want to over tighten it. The strange thing is that I've had that Ethanol Analyzer installed for over a year of very hard driving and didn't have any issues until a few weeks ago. It must have been just loose enough to where hard pulls and road vibrations caused it to vibrate loose over the last year. I installed it on July of last year, so yea, it lasted over a year before becoming an issue. Either way, it's tightened down enough now LOL!
Sponsored