Bad Experience with triple seven performance.

MacAllan30

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, LC200
OP - you obviously haven't been in the car modding group very long. Just wait until someone tells you its going to be a 3 month wait and it turns out to be a year. Word of advise - call the company before you place the order and have someone physically put their hand on the part before you place the order. That's the only true way you will know the item is actually in stock and ready to ship. Never trust the website!
this is sound advice!

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
There's been alot of vendors Ive been seeing raising prices after sale has been made and also saying they are in stock and there's not stock and
1. Money grab?

I don't think you understand how accounting works. By them selling you product at $100, that income only goes into their books once. Even if they didnt ship it out for 2 months, them "holding onto" the shifters does not net them anymore money.

They've most likely discounted the shifters because now there exists TRUE magnetic paddle shifters for the $250 range. Not bashing on the company since it is an ingenious idea, but there would be no way to sustain that pricing when there are many more options available. So yeah, $100 seems fair, and sounds like more you were worried that they'd cancel your order and charge you the difference. (highly unlikely)

2. Even "In stock" items, did you forget about handling times?
I'm pretty sure Triple Seven is maybe a few people running it. Its not like Amazon where they have thousands of workers around the clock to handle logistics.

You placed your order under 2 weeks ago from a different CONTINENT. Have reasonable expectations. I'd hate to see how much you'd cry if you had to wait months for wheels coming from Japan like some of us have.
I think these vendors should join Amazon. I like the Prime Delivery 👍😜

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I reached out to Matt about the situation (just to make him aware of this thread)

And you know what? Man's sent me some information breaking down what's going on, how it's affecting their business and orders.

He didn't have to do that, but that's customer service. He's not making excuses because you believe he oversold parts. It's a genuine machine failure. You can still shift your flapp paddles can't you? It's not holding you back from driving.

Imagine buying an HKS part and have that delayed. Would you be calling HKS out like this?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
In all fairness, a small business with not many products could update their inventory pretty often.
at the same time, if products take just a few hours to SLS print, then I'm totally ok with putting "in stock". Because again, it's a small business. At the same time, there are small businesses with 1 dedicated person keeping up with inventory/shipping/etc..
Yet still if you take to court, they're essentially not in stock, but hey why would they keep inventory and lose money on a niche finished good product.. Cause then you go into having a warehouse, keeping real inventory, etc..
Sucks. All businesses especially if you're 100% dependent on 1 machine, 3d printing, you shall have surge and battery protectors. That's a big rookie mistake. hope they recover.. Now they'll have more angry customers, will hurt their business for those who care about short delays...
Went from "we're expected to have 18mo delay" during covid to can't wait for 2 hours, wHeRe iS My pRoDuCt??

Rifraf

First Name
Rif'at
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Holy crap man this thread is brain dead . A guy just simply complained about his bad experience and got flamed for no reason. Guys just grow up , this a community form. Please just help or move on

STi_to_GRzupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra MT Premium, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
“Overnight parts from Japan” 😁

Someone is watching too much F&F

1688262466984.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: kaj

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
There's a lot of people on this site that are totally supportive of mediocre business operations. Such a shame.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I was told 2 months for my axles, ended up being an 11 month ordeal. Sucks but it happens. I’d never make a post about it tho

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
There's a lot of people on this site that are totally supportive of mediocre business operations. Such a shame.
Or ...
There's a lot of people on this site who manufacture parts themselves and/or race with them, and know what it's like to run a business with just a few people, especially when catastrophic events occur.
And ...
There are even more people who do not understand the manufacturing process, have no idea what it's like to run a business, and apparently think that said manufacturing process runs perfectly 24/7. People like that should stick to Amazon and eBay where they can get their cheap, Chinese crap within a day or two.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I guess that’s one way to say there are a lot of people on this site that have common fucking sense.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
I believe this thread is a bit unwarranted. Its hard running a business and manufacturing your own products. Delays happen. To be honest, I too ordered these paddles on 6/20 so I'm in the same boat as you (OP). But it has only been a few weeks. Maybe cut Triple Seven a little slack. I'm just happy more young companies are making new, cool parts for our cars.
Sponsored