Bad Idea to Not Address Brake Power Recall to Keep ECU Unlocked

aclarker

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Be aware of this recall that's for sure. My ECU bricked out when Toyota Country Hills did the the update. They ordered the ECU from God knows where..? I've been without the car since April 25th. We have a shortened driving season being from the great white north. Sucks!!
Update! Still no Car, Toyota tells me they "May" have my ECU repaired mid September. Looks like I'll miss the driving season this year. This really sucks.....
Sponsored

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear. I'd be so pissed honestly. I hope Toyota Corporate or the dealership GM does something for you to atleast compensate. Toyota Canada sucks and should be ashamed. No more supply chain excuses. They are happy to take our money but every little repair takes months? Unacceptable

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear. I'd be so pissed honestly. I hope Toyota Corporate or the dealership GM does something for you to atleast compensate. Toyota Canada sucks and should be ashamed. No more supply chain excuses. They are happy to take our money but every little repair takes months? Unacceptable
supply chain issues don't just disappear over night. Even if they are back at capacity they would still need to play catch up for the last several months.

SUPRATOY

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SUPRA
I drop my car yuesterday for the recalls. I had been debating on getting it done or not, because did not want to get the ECU locked. well, when i went to pick it up today was told that the recall were not done because my car has been modified. no abs update, no carplay update or anything else for that metter!. so, I got the cart without the safety recall done....

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I drop my car yuesterday for the recalls. I had been debating on getting it done or not, because did not want to get the ECU locked. well, when i went to pick it up today was told that the recall were not done because my car has been modified. no abs update, no carplay update or anything else for that metter!. so, I got the cart without the safety recall done....
Modified or not does not affect the DME update. My car was modified (P700 with PI) and my dealership did the recall without any issues. Took them a few flash attempts but they got my recall work done with the locked DME (expected) and CarPlay update.

Took my DME to get it unlocked and had my tuner update the CAL ID in the flash to reflect the new firmware on the DME.

I would just try to find a dealership that knows what they are doing. It's hard to do but there has to be at least one in Florida for you.

SUPRATOY

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SUPRA
that is what I was thinking on doing, they said that because my car was heavily modified they could no do it!!!! I wll be calling another dealer tomorrow to see if they will do it.. all I care is for the brake issue and the apple play full screen....

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I going through this dilemma now. Well not so much a dilemma as I am having the recall done. As a consequence however, I will lose the tune I may have and re-install the stock DP. I say "the tune I may" have because I purchased the car with a Titan motorsport cat-less DP, and aftermarket exhaust but no assurance a tune was done other than no CEL or visible O2 sensor mod. After reading through the threads, messaging a few folk, and talking with the previous owner (2nd owner who did not tune), the likely hood of a tune is high. So, as it stands now, I worked a game plan with the dealer supra MX dude. He is going to confirm the DP is cat-less and if so, swap back to the stock as it was in the trunk when I bought the car (small miracles). If that latter happens I will most likely sell the catless DP and purchase a high flow cat'd DP and go from there.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
Did anyone have this update done with bucket seats installed?

Dealer tried it today but the update failed as one of the mandatory updates in this recall seems to be on the safety on the seats.

And since my seats weren’t installed and coded out the software wouldn’t do the update.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Did anyone have this update done with bucket seats installed?

Dealer tried it today but the update failed as one of the mandatory updates in this recall seems to be on the safety on the seats.

And since my seats weren’t installed and coded out the software wouldn’t do the update.
You can't update any of the software on the ECU without a fully factory configuration.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
Ok so installing the oem seats again should be enough?

or does coding (airbags) also need to be reverted back to stock?
Sponsored