Battery disconnect/reconnect concerns

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
This weekend when I disconnect the battery for some mods, what kind of headaches am I looking at upon reconnection? Radio code stuff, etc?
Sponsored

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
the most you'll see are things like any settings that you had in iDrive will be back to default (hotkeys, equalizer etc.) and any settings that you had customized in your dash computer will be back to default as well. Thats about it.

OP
OP

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
the most you'll see are things like any settings that you had in iDrive will be back to default (hotkeys, equalizer etc.) and any settings that you had customized in your dash computer will be back to default as well. Thats about it.

That's crazy how such a complex system doesn't use anti-theft codes and those kinds of countermeasures, but a Pontiac from the late 90's will. Thanks for the info, I was worried it would turn into a crisis.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
That's crazy how such a complex system doesn't use anti-theft codes and those kinds of countermeasures, but a Pontiac from the late 90's will. Thanks for the info, I was worried it would turn into a crisis.
as long as you have your keyfob near the car when you do this you wont have an issue. If you move the fob too far away from the car when re-connecting the battery the alarm might go off.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
I know this has been discussed in multiple threads but what is the consensus on the best economical battery tender? I donā€™t drive mine but once a month during the winter to basically keep the battery charged and sounds like a tender is what I really need.

OP
OP

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know this has been discussed in multiple threads but what is the consensus on the best economical battery tender? I donā€™t drive mine but once a month during the winter to basically keep the battery charged and sounds like a tender is what I really need.
I haven't used one on the Supra, but my S2000 is sitting on a brand called "Battery Tender". Got it from Costco for cheap.

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
When I did the same to mine the only thing that got reset was the clock, everything else remained untouched

860_ZUPR4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1383, 2015 WRX, 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2018 Civic Type R
My proximity sensors were mad at me for a couple miles, but thats about it.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I disconnected the battery when I did the 3D Design paddles (removed the airbag). No issue.

I've been using a Battery Tender Jr on all my cars for decades. No fuss, no issue.. and compatible with AGM and lead including deep cycle.
Sponsored