How can I keep Supra battery charged in winter without a battery tender and can’t drive it

quikslipper

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Prius Prime, Wrangler
These cars need a battery tender. No way around it.
got one and called it a day or a few months...turn on the car and let it idle to move the fluids around and warm up the engine then let it rest. and repeat after that.

kevenv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT
I disconnected the negative battery terminal before a year long deployment and the car actually started just fine.....
Do you recall if all your settings (seat, dash, radio etc.) were saved or did you need to redo them?

Yagi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra GR MT
Do you recall if all your settings (seat, dash, radio etc.) were saved or did you need to redo them?
It was a few years ago, can't say I remember, didn't need any codes cleared though.

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
Salt acts quickly enough to cause issues for the first owner. Hours for untreated metal and days for metals treated with even the best rust inhibitors.

Especially in the volumes they use anywhere it snows a lot. The roads where I live are covered in so much salt that you can't see the pavement in places, and that was just in anticipation of snow. So the undercarriage gets coated in this dust layer of salt, then the next time it rains, the water splashes around under your car and starts to eat at it.

It's probably the reason that 15+ year old cars are pretty rare around here. One of the things I notice most about traveling to FL/GA/CA is how many more "old" cars are around. And I'm not talking "old old" just 90s/early 2000s.
i just wash mine 1-2 times a week costs the same as storage and dont need to both with another car
Sponsored