Dead Battery and throttle issue

Sithlord84

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
My car is currently at the dealer for a battery replacement and numerous calls to Toyota Corp to figure out why the car feels sluggish. Dealer has no clue - Day 5 since I dropped my car off. My car is stock.

But has anyone experienced the following?

My car feels sluggish when trying to accelerate from a dead stop after the brakes have been applied. This has occurred several times and will shift into neutral and shut off when encountering this problem. Help .. lol
Sponsored

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
My car is currently at the dealer for a battery replacement and numerous calls to Toyota Corp to figure out why the car feels sluggish. Dealer has no clue - Day 5 since I dropped my car off. My car is stock.

But has anyone experienced the following?

My car feels sluggish when trying to accelerate from a dead stop after the brakes have been applied. This has occurred several times and will shift into neutral and shut off when encountering this problem. Help .. lol
You might be suffering from a common problem where from a dead stand still, and typically after a short drive, a Supra will hesitate hard. This can also happen when pulling out into traffic. Itā€™s thought that it has something to do with the traction control system. You can try turning off TC (single press) and see if the issue stops - if so then bingo.
See this link: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/throttle-hesitation.8938/

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Push the traction control button once and see if it does it anymore. If it doesnt do it, sounds like the classic dead pedal mode that people are having (I have a few times).

OP
OP
Sithlord84

Sithlord84

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yes - car was purchased used as a certified pre-owned. Iā€™ll try that and hopeful the issue is rectified.