tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking it will just be the standard package then of just the mid-range woofers and the tweeters.

The amp side can get dirty quick between channels, harnesses, fuse / wire gauge on input, processing, etc. It could be far from a drop in replacement and would likely require hands-on with Bavsound or a Bavsound dealer to verify if what they have would work and how.

The sub boxes appear to be a common BMW housing, but that doesn’t mean the ohms don’t match or the housing is just different enough to make something not work right easily.
Even with direct sub replacements we still have to go through and eliminate all the vibrational noise that the cover causes which I spent the day yesterday doing...I was able to eliminate 90% of the low frequency vibrational noise...

I found some pics of the subs in the supra shop manual...really pathetic looking

woofer subs.jpg

woofer sub closeup.jpg

Woofer Cover rear.jpg
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bavsound speaker replacements along with subwoofers for the Supra are now available to order on their website..

Bavsound

Bavsound website.jpg

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Ordered full set. Will be here on Tuesday.

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My audio guy was looking over the system skeptically but ended up saying it actually did improve things to a decent extent. I'm supposed to pick up on Tuesday, so will report back. I did all speakers, including two subs.

AndyMy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
My audio guy was looking over the system skeptically but ended up saying it actually did improve things to a decent extent. I'm supposed to pick up on Tuesday, so will report back. I did all speakers, including two subs.
Is it worth to upgrade, i want to know how it compare to alpine or jl speaker

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While your audio guy had your car apart to install all the speakers did he also add sound deadening and vibration reduction material?

This is one of the main complaints I have with the Supra audio system where just replacing the speakers alone (particularly the rear subwoofers) is not going to fix this problem...

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, he added insulation to the sub area, although I did not have any rattles there.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear insulation was added during install...

It wasn't so much rattles as it's the low freq vibrational noise under higher volume conditions that the sub cabinet cover created...Also highly dependent on type of music played....

Looking forward to hearing your impressions when you get your car back and well as from other that have installed this kit...

One comment I've heard from a few others that have this installed already is that while the bass is more punchy its lacking with respect to deep base...

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Any updates on sound?
Sponsored