Best blind spot mirrors?

Nideckerwrecker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 premium gr supra
What would be the best blind spot mirrors to buy? I want ones that keep all the factory options that the premium model has (bsm, heated, ect) I have read that euro z4 bmw ones work the best and if that is true, where is the best place to order them?
Sponsored

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
I got Euro Z4 ones works well, gives just enough more visibility so there's no blindspot in the lane right beside you. Driver's side still has auto dimming as well. I didn't want the aftermarket ones because the blindspot light doesn't work very well and didn't really want the blue mirror look either. I thought about getting a auto dimming passenger side mirror too but it's way too expensive because you need to search for a UK M140i driver's side mirror that has blindspot and autodimming, very rare and looking $400 used. I got my used Z4 (technically M140i) pair for $180 on ebay shipped from Poland in like new condition.

Euro LHD Passenger side, blindspot light, wide angle 51169479206, 9479206
Euro LHD Driver side, autodimming, blindspot light, wide angle 51168492905, 8492905

OP
OP
Nideckerwrecker

Nideckerwrecker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 premium gr supra
I got Euro Z4 ones works well, gives just enough more visibility so there's no blindspot in the lane right beside you. Driver's side still has auto dimming as well. I didn't want the aftermarket ones because the blindspot light doesn't work very well and didn't really want the blue mirror look either. I thought about getting a auto dimming passenger side mirror too but it's way too expensive because you need to search for a UK M140i driver's side mirror that has blindspot and autodimming, very rare and looking $400 used. I got my used Z4 (technically M140i) pair for $180 on ebay shipped from Poland in like new condition.

Euro LHD Passenger side, blindspot light, wide angle 51169479206, 9479206
Euro LHD Driver side, autodimming, blindspot light, wide angle 51168492905, 8492905
Any pics and they are plug and play? And the bold section of your reply is what I am searching?

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
Any pics and they are plug and play? And the bold section of your reply is what I am searching?
yeah, pretty easy swap, i forgot to mention they're heated as well. No pics, my phone cant focus on the mirror when driving but you'll be happy with them. just search the long number on ebay they're not hard to come by

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
This is going to sound like a smarty pants comment but itā€™s not intended that way. All you have to do to eliminate blind spots is adjust the mirrors further to the outside. Use the rearview mirror for what is behind you and the side mirrors for whatā€™s in the lanes beside you. Too many people have the side mirrors adjust way to close to the sides of their cars. Seeing the doors and sides of your own car does zero good. Adjust those mirrors so you are looking fully at the lanes beside you! No special curved aftermarket or add on mirrors are needed.

TheHamburgler

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I recently got the blue ones with the GR blind spot cause I was sick of the passenger side not auto dimming. They're great for seeing a lot of things around you, but we'll see how they last in the summer heat (last set that I had a few years ago on a BRZ had bubbles after a few months).

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I recently got the blue ones with the GR blind spot cause I was sick of the passenger side not auto dimming. They're great for seeing a lot of things around you, but we'll see how they last in the summer heat (last set that I had a few years ago on a BRZ had bubbles after a few months).
I'm in Atlanta. So hotter than your crack.

They are perfectly fine. I also had the BRZ ones.

the_wilferine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Pro Auto 3.0
This is going to sound like a smarty pants comment but itā€™s not intended that way. All you have to do to eliminate blind spots is adjust the mirrors further to the outside. Use the rearview mirror for what is behind you and the side mirrors for whatā€™s in the lanes beside you. Too many people have the side mirrors adjust way to close to the sides of their cars. Seeing the doors and sides of your own car does zero good. Adjust those mirrors so you are looking fully at the lanes beside you! No special curved aftermarket or add on mirrors are needed.
This, and move your body to look. As soon as I learnt I wasnā€™t glued to the seat while learning was like night and day

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Start here. One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing the driver in the side mirror while directly behind them. In addition to correct mirror placement I got theseā€¦

GotoShop Puzzle Sl Lenze 2inch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VCPEEX6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
I use this method and have no visibility or blind-spot issues:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15131074/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots/

For the past few years, various carmakers have been offering blind-spot detection systems for their carsā€™ side mirrors. Often complex, these systems employ cameras or radar to scan the adjoining lanes for vehicles that may have disappeared from view.

The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) published a paper in 1995 suggesting how outside mirrors could be adjusted to eliminate blind spots. The paper advocates adjusting the mirrors so far outward that the viewing angle of the side mirrors just overlaps that of the cabinā€™s rearview mirror. This can be disorienting for drivers used to seeing the flanks of their own car in the side mirrors. But when correctly positioned, the mirrors negate a carā€™s blind spots. This obviates the need to glance over your shoulder to safely change lanes as well as the need for an expensive blind-spot warning system.

The only problem is getting used to the SAE-recommended mirror positions. The cabinā€™s rearview mirror is used to keep an eye on what is coming up from behind, while the outside mirrors reflect the area outside the view of the inside rearview mirror.

Those who have switched to the SAEā€™s approach swear by it, however, some drivers canā€™t adjust to not using the outside mirrors to see directly behind the car and miss being able to see their own car in the side mirrors. To them we say, ā€œHave fun filling out those accident reports.ā€

1716228970830-p0.jpg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I just point my side mirrors out beyond the rear quarter panel reflection. With blind spot monitors not sure how you can mess this up.. (?) :crazy: mini convex mirrors look super ghetto.. but no one asked for my opinion.
Sponsored