First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I installed the AA DP with HKS exhaust. It was easy, attach turbo clamp but don't tighten all the way attach catback clamp and alignment will be correct itself. Then just tighten bolts on both clamps. The sensor positions also help with alignment. TBH, if I reverted back to the stock bracket, I would do the same thing, only torque once everything is fitted/aligned, otherwise you risk cross threading etc....
How do you like this combo?
Sponsored

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I installed the AA DP with HKS exhaust. It was easy, attach turbo clamp but don't tighten all the way attach catback clamp and alignment will be correct itself. Then just tighten bolts on both clamps. The sensor positions also help with alignment. TBH, if I reverted back to the stock bracket, I would do the same thing, only torque once everything is fitted/aligned, otherwise you risk cross threading etc....
Received my aa dp today and it was every bit as pain in the ass as i imagined to get it in..... primarily supporting it and getting the vband secure all around. It has a tendency to correct clamp the bottom but not the top. Nevertheless once clamped in correctly, it is easy to rotate before torquing in. For good measure i replaced the seal too so maybe on a fresh seal it made it a bit more challenging. I am mating it up with an awe exhaust but still waiting on a few parts so i have not fired it up yet.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
How do you like this combo?
It has been great, sound level is just loud enough that I am slightly concerned about local EPA laws (especially cold start) but exhaust note is fantastic, albeit with a slight drone. Can confirm no CEL, with OZ supra as well. Thanks for hooking me up with the AA DP.

Received my aa dp today and it was every bit as pain in the ass as i imagined to get it in..... primarily supporting it and getting the vband secure all around. It has a tendency to correct clamp the bottom but not the top. Nevertheless once clamped in correctly, it is easy to rotate before torquing in. For good measure i replaced the seal too so maybe on a fresh seal it made it a bit more challenging. I am mating it up with an awe exhaust but still waiting on a few parts so i have not fired it up yet.
Sorry, I should have mentioned, (I thought you already installed a DP), I found it useful to remove the front suspension protection covers under the car (e.g. the steel panel used for front lifting point), so you can fit both hands when installing the DP under the car.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Well i also did not have any other part of the exhaust on the car, as mentioned i am still waiting for some parts... so it was not like i could plug the dp into the exhaust to support it and angle it into position using both hands. I literally had to support it up and against the car with my left hand while reaching up along side it trying to pull the vclamp on and tighten it by hand just enough to be able to keep it against the car with enough force to be able to drop my left hand. I think the clamp is all the way around it now, a few times in the process i felt the clamp around it at the bottom even able to hold it in place unsupported but along the top i could feel the clamp was misaligned. Most likely as i was holding it up and against the car it drooped a little as i tried to hand tighten the clamp. A bracket to hold it up there would sure have been nice!

i did not realize that the overall diameter of the aa dp was so much smaller than stock. Maybe the inner diameter is larger or the same but the outside is definitely narrow. For them to mount a bracket in it, it would have really extended far out.

a real nightmare to mount without an exhaust on the car and without help. I would not want to do this again.

F62C027B-698D-4D8E-9273-C87EE44F123F.jpeg

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Which part is smaller diameter? The transition from the catted section to the flex pipe in the picture looks much more favorable in the AA. From the angle of the photo it looks like that could be a bottleneck in the OE piece.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Looks great!

It has been great, sound level is just loud enough that I am slightly concerned about local EPA laws (especially cold start) but exhaust note is fantastic, albeit with a slight drone. Can confirm no CEL, with OZ supra as well. Thanks for hooking me up with the AA DP.
:thumbsup:

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Well i also did not have any other part of the exhaust on the car, as mentioned i am still waiting for some parts... so it was not like i could plug the dp into the exhaust to support it and angle it into position using both hands. I literally had to support it up and against the car with my left hand while reaching up along side it trying to pull the vclamp on and tighten it by hand just enough to be able to keep it against the car with enough force to be able to drop my left hand. I think the clamp is all the way around it now, a few times in the process i felt the clamp around it at the bottom even able to hold it in place unsupported but along the top i could feel the clamp was misaligned. Most likely as i was holding it up and against the car it drooped a little as i tried to hand tighten the clamp. A bracket to hold it up there would sure have been nice!

i did not realize that the overall diameter of the aa dp was so much smaller than stock. Maybe the inner diameter is larger or the same but the outside is definitely narrow. For them to mount a bracket in it, it would have really extended far out.

a real nightmare to mount without an exhaust on the car and without help. I would not want to do this again.

F62C027B-698D-4D8E-9273-C87EE44F123F.jpeg
Did you install it on your back or with a lift?

Also can't wait to hear when this thing is put on with the exhaust. Send me over some clips so I can post it on our Instagram. Thanks again Nate!

-Josh

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Did you install it on your back or with a lift?

Also can't wait to hear when this thing is put on with the exhaust. Send me over some clips so I can post it on our Instagram. Thanks again Nate!

-Josh
I have a 4post so it was easier to get under it to do all the exhaust work. From that perspective it was easy to access the area but it took a lot of energy to get it installed for sure! I am waiting for a part from awe then i can fire it up. I am not sure when the parts will arrive but i am hoping toward the beginning of this week.

D33F9ADF-7533-4A7F-BF2B-D3188E830F91.jpeg

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I have a 4post so it was easier to get under it to do all the exhaust work. From that perspective it was easy to access the area but it took a lot of energy to get it installed for sure! I am waiting for a part from awe then i can fire it up. I am not sure when the parts will arrive but i am hoping toward the beginning of this week.

D33F9ADF-7533-4A7F-BF2B-D3188E830F91.jpeg
Looking good!

-Josh

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Which part is smaller diameter? The transition from the catted section to the flex pipe in the picture looks much more favorable in the AA. From the angle of the photo it looks like that could be a bottleneck in the OE piece.

The circumference of the stock dp is 17.5" and of the aa dp is 14.5"

The picture below very much highlights what I am referencing. I am actually surprised, I would have though the situation would have been reversed.

IMG_20200418_1305516.jpg

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I agree but I'd like to see some unbiased performance data to see if they're really worth the effort.

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be surprised if a catted picks up more than 10 hp. Bang for the buck diminishes rapidly as you work your way down this list.
I have the 200 CEL catted downpipe from FI, and I can tell you it feels much more than 10-20hp gain to the wheels without a tune. Now, I have not dynoed the car with the downpipe to get an exact numbers, but my butt dyno compared to stock REALLY feels it.

Catless will for sure have much greater gains, but if you want to stay "legal" and make more noise/power catted is not that bad.

-V

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Fi claims peak gain of 22 whp with full exhaust system.

http://www.fi-exhaust.com/Interview/supra.html
I am assuming this is without any tune as well.

I have the full turbo-back system from FI (Catted DP and catback). I feel like the car gains about that, 20-30whp without a tune.

I recently installed the Eventuri CAI/Box and paired with the FI turbo-back it seems to be working very well together to produce more linear power/torque.
Sponsored