Best Exhaust with Stock Downpipe?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
What if you sold the OEM exhaust? I know its not the most practical thing, but atleast you'll have an HKS and not have the OEM one around
:hmm:
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Many people have tried to sell their OEM exhaust. I've never seen one successfully sold.
Yeah, unless maybe 4-5 years out, I don't foresee many folks wanting a used factory exhaust to return their cars back to stock before sale. I think I need to make piece with the stock exhaust.. (cut for storage)..

Reactions: zrk

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I did this via MBRP and catless and now I'm trying to resolve the rasp ?
If you want to keep catless and reduce rasp then you'd want something where the valved side goes through some type of muffler.

I've heard @Mimosa Armytrix Catless with Remark Exhaust combo in person and sounded very good with almost no rasp to it.

As my post #13 mentioned -- Remark has a valve side, which looks like a straight pipe (like the MBRP), but there's actually a pipe that goes through a muffler to cancel out some noise. I'd imagine this helps a bit with the rasp.

Robertjcalvin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
8118 Cowboy Springs St, North Las Vegas, NV 89085
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
If you want to keep catless and reduce rasp then you'd want something where the valved side goes through some type of muffler.

I've heard @Mimosa Armytrix Catless with Remark Exhaust combo in person and sounded very good with almost no rasp to it.

As my post #13 mentioned -- Remark has a valve side, which looks like a straight pipe (like the MBRP), but there's actually a pipe that goes through a muffler to cancel out some noise. I'd imagine this helps a bit with the rasp.
I'm thinking I'll put a resonator on that straight piped side. I want to tune the car first, if I can get rid of the setting that preheats the catalytic converter (since I don't have one) the revs should come down on start and not be so rough. I'll let you know!

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I'm excited for the Remnant system to hit the market!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
The AWE track is an awesome sounding and loud setup for the 3.0, even with stock dp, if you want to improve that without tuning or a cel, get the AA catted dp, no tune required and no cel. you will get even more noise and pops and bangs.
Got my AWE track & catless downpipe from Florida boy @NitroYellowMKV and it is phenomenally loud :flame:
Couldn’t be happier ❤🔥

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Lol the RK Track titanium and the factory downpipe is LOUD but sounds phenomenal.

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
Once I own a Supra, I’m going with the valvetronic exhaust, I really like that sound and also like and you can switch from a loud to a “quiet” exhaust when ever you want by open and closing the valves

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Any exhaust with a straight through design (usually on the valves side) will essentially all sound the same per my personal experience from listening to some of them in person.

Example: MBRP, Boostlogic, Borla ATAK, AFE, Magnaflow (with track configuration), MAPerformance, Titan Motorsports, or any other muffler delete style system (such as Awe track) will be loud and sound virtually the same in sport mode.

HKS (Hi-Power), Remus, AWE (non track version), ETS, Active Autowerke (later designs), all have a straight through design via small mufflers. They'll also be loud but will have a refined tone due to the small mufflers changing the sound waves. (Awe has a little larger mufflers so may be quieter)

Lastly you have exhaust systems with larger mufflers; Armytrix, Akrapovic, HKS (Super Turbo), Remark (I saw this muffler in person, the valve side looks straight but actually goes through a muffler to cancel out some noise) are all louder than stock but quieter than the above. These are recommended if going catless to reduce chances of rasp and not be annoyingly loud but louder than stock. These match well with catted sport pipe as well. However, I wouldn't recommend these with stock downpipe though.

Hope this helps
I just picked up a 2023 A91 6MT. I was debating between MBRP, Remark or the HKS Hi Power. Which one would you recommend if I'm staying stock downpipe for now but might eventually go AA downpipe in the future? Not looking for something obnoxious but more refine and better than stock.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I just picked up a 2023 A91 6MT. I was debating between MBRP, Remark or the HKS Hi Power. Which one would you recommend if I'm staying stock downpipe for now but might eventually go AA downpipe in the future? Not looking for something obnoxious but more refine and better than stock.
HKS

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
So I've actually heard Remark with both Catted and Catless in perso...and Remark gives it a really nice aggressive tone without it being too loud. I've only heard HKS (hi-power) with stock DP and it sounded great and may actually be a tad bit louder than Remark.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
I have a HKS and very happy with it.
Sponsored