Best overall air intake upgrade?

Rad_AMG

First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium (SOLD), 20 4Runner TRD Pro
Thanks @AustinGRSupra and @Amfchang ! I'm not planning on tracking or drag racing the car much, aside from that HDPE day that's included with our cars and the occasional stop-light-to-stop-light romp with an M2. Good to know that both of you haven't had heat soak issues, with just some minor modifications like the Zycor coating and the gold det wrap. That Texas heat is no joke, probably the same or worse than in Hawaii.

I've got the Verus heat shield on order with an ETA of mid August. I might pick up some of that gold det wrap for both the intake pipe and turbo inlet elbow. Thanks again y'all and @Amfchang will definitely hit you up when I'm back in Honolulu. We've got a good group of guys/gals up here in Seattle-area and have had some epic cruises/meets. Hopefully get the same camaraderie with MKV owners in Honolulu.
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Best air intake upgrade has to be moving to a colder climate. I cannot believe how much better the car performs in the cooler weather we've been having in KY over the past several days. IAT must be through the roof in the 90+ degree temps prior to the cooler air settling in as it has. I really, really wish BMW hadn't put a plastic intake manifold on this vehicle.

SpamSupra

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra (Absolute White)
Thanks @AustinGRSupra and @Amfchang ! I'm not planning on tracking or drag racing the car much, aside from that HDPE day that's included with our cars and the occasional stop-light-to-stop-light romp with an M2. Good to know that both of you haven't had heat soak issues, with just some minor modifications like the Zycor coating and the gold det wrap. That Texas heat is no joke, probably the same or worse than in Hawaii.

I've got the Verus heat shield on order with an ETA of mid August. I might pick up some of that gold det wrap for both the intake pipe and turbo inlet elbow. Thanks again y'all and @Amfchang will definitely hit you up when I'm back in Honolulu. We've got a good group of guys/gals up here in Seattle-area and have had some epic cruises/meets. Hopefully get the same camaraderie with MKV owners in Honolulu.
hit me up when youre back in oahu. We can get a little MKV meet up

seattle0099

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I went for Eventuri. I’m really happy with it.
A12A894A-E032-4366-9B8D-B2F210B48379.jpeg

GGorman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
I cant believe how many intakes are available for our cars!

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I have HKS, would only want to go with HKS or Eventuri for performance and mostly Gucci reasons....

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I went for Eventuri. I’m really happy with it.
A12A894A-E032-4366-9B8D-B2F210B48379.jpeg
Damn ? that's beautiful

Definitely the route I want to go. Love their engineering and design philosophy

Now I just need to apply for a loan or sell a kidney?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Nobody here has the Injen EVO2300? That's the one I just ordered, along with the SES charge pipe in wrinkle-black. :headbang:

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Nobody here has the Injen EVO2300? That's the one I just ordered, along with the SES charge pipe in wrinkle-black. :headbang:
the Injen EVO is the most popular intake with our customers.

Sup Brah

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra; 2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
ARMASPEED Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
I just installed mine and it completely changed the way the car sounds. Super happy I went with Armaspeed. I grin from ear to ear everytime I hear the whistle on throttle and then when I let off the gas and hear that flutter.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I do. Got it from Extreme Power House.
Well, how do you like it? Does it sound significantly different from the stock box? Notice any power bump?

I ordered it through my local speed shop connection, and don't have an ETA yet.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Well, how do you like it? Does it sound significantly different from the stock box? Notice any power bump?

I ordered it through my local speed shop connection, and don't have an ETA yet.
It's not the loudest but you will hear an increase in sound at WOT. I have a Borla exhaust and I stay in sport mode so it overpowers the intake. I haven't tried to remove the airbox yet. I'm sure that'll open it up.

No noticeable increase in power. I plan on adding a downpipe soon and I'll throw it on a dyno. Also have a JB4.

Overall, nice fitment and quality product. X-PH got it out fast to me.
Sponsored