Best tuning options for 2023 MT

stratosphere

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT
I am looking for the most versatile and reliable tuning method for the 2023 MT. I dont really have any personal preference as to piggyback or ecu flashing. There seems to be a number of options to get the job done, so I was hoping for some input on what my best options would be. Currently, I am planning on installing AA catted downpipe, titan exhaust, the DAW type R turbo, CSF intake plenum, and port injection.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Unlock your ECU first.

Then figure out who's gonna tune the car on what platform they prefer.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I am looking for the most versatile and reliable tuning method for the 2023 MT. I dont really have any personal preference as to piggyback or ecu flashing. There seems to be a number of options to get the job done, so I was hoping for some input on what my best options would be. Currently, I am planning on installing AA catted downpipe, titan exhaust, the DAW type R turbo, CSF intake plenum, and port injection.

Thanks for the help!
I don't recommend JB4 for MT cars. It takes a ridiculous amount of effort to get dialed in. I'm still working with BMS directly to test development JB4 systems on my car.

Just femto unlock + whatever tune platform your local tuner prefers if your budget allows it.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I'm sorry, but I can't help but interpret most of these requests for "input" as anything other than, "Hi, I want to tune my car, but can't be bothered to do the research myself, and draw my own conclusions on which way to go. So, could you guys do it for me? Thaaaannnkks!"

Maybe @razorlab is starting to get to me and my nerve is intensifying...

Anyways, I agree with the others. Do a Femto unlock and discuss which platform your tuner is most comfortable with. I'm doing the JB4 thing right now with mine, and it's meh.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
FuzzyRev85 said:
Maybe @razorlab is starting to get to me and my nerve is intensifying...
Hey what else will there be? It's either this or bots. I wanted to interact with the black dude bot from yesterday lol but damn admin is closely monitoring spam šŸ˜‚
To me sounds like he did do some research and I think deep down he already knows the answer. Maybe just wants reassurance?

Some of these repetitive posts can be remedied by sticky threads...

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Iā€™m running BM3 itā€™s stage 2 93 and itā€™s a ton of fun. BM3 flex fuel kit on the way, should be everything Iā€™ll need on e50

OP
OP

stratosphere

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT
Thanks guys! I appreciate the direction! I've read a lot about pros and cons of each. I wasn't sure if there is enough support available for the MT's on the tuning side, yet. I have found a wide variety of experiences with JB4, FEMTO, and the various software platforms available. So, I appreciate the insight and input. I'll plan to stick with the FEMTO route. A lot has changed since the days of MAPECU, VPC, and AEM...

Thanks again!

66joeyn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler 2023 Supra
Iā€™m running BM3 itā€™s stage 2 93 and itā€™s a ton of fun. BM3 flex fuel kit on the way, should be everything Iā€™ll need on e50
Hi MS Sport. With the bm3 on 93, how much of a gain do you think you have with this setup? 80 to 100 hp and tq gain?? Thank you.

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Hi MS Sport. With the bm3 on 93, how much of a gain do you think you have with this setup? 80 to 100 hp and tq gain?? Thank you.
Probably around 60-70 but makes a huge butt dyno difference. With BM3 you can get their flexfuel kit which mine arrives Monday and run multimap tune which is super nice and make another 30-40 on e50. This is where Iā€™m gonna stop on stock clutch.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
The best tuning platform is bootmod3 , they have reliable off-the-shelf maps, but if you want ever more performance, you can get a custom map. We offer Jordan Tuning custom maps.

That said, flash tuning requires a lot of hassle that most owners are unwilling to do; the next best option is the Jb4.

OP
OP

stratosphere

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT
The best tuning platform is bootmod3 , they have reliable off-the-shelf maps, but if you want ever more performance, you can get a custom map. We offer Jordan Tuning custom maps.

That said, flash tuning requires a lot of hassle that most owners are unwilling to do; the next best option is the Jb4.
That really helps! Thank you! When I send the ecu to Femto, do they install the software when they have the computer or does it get installed by the tuner after the unit is returned to the states? Is the recommendation to still purchase an extra ecu for the process?