Best valved exhaust on the market?

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
If it really has to be titanium fi makes a titanium version of their original exhaust but there is only 1 video out there about it and its from them, no one ever talks about it or i think even knows about the titanium version. But it fits exactly all the criteria your looking for just not the price lmao
Yeah, i know....exhaust costs are a fleecing since most of it is for sound and aesthetics rather than providing a lot more power. Let's be honest, most of these are being made overseas for material costs well less than $1000. Charging $4k for an exhaust is highway robbery IMO. :)
Sponsored

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
I love my DINAN cat-back.
Stock DP

*go dark tips cleaning the passenger side constantly to keep clean

3k miles on exhaust. Great tone! GREAT VALUE! may go aftermarket DP next year

In normal mode is the loudness pretty close to stock?

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
In normal mode is the loudness pretty close to stock?
im in cali and have the AA catted dp with Dinan exhaust (installed both at the same time) and sound in normal mode is a bit louder but not much. Startup is a lot louder until it warms up but thatā€™s about 20 secs.

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
Yeah, i know....exhaust costs are a fleecing since most of it is for sound and aesthetics rather than providing a lot more power. Let's be honest, most of these are being made overseas for material costs well less than $1000. Charging $4k for an exhaust is highway robbery IMO. :)
I don't really mean this in a derogatory way but, at your price range you're gonna be mainly looking at Aliexpress if you want titanium.

The Tomei Type-D isn't actually an authentic Tomei part. Long story short there's some brand disputes but Tomei North America isn't selling you the same stuff Tomei Japan is.

Tomei Japan doesn't actually make an A90 exhaust, and Tomei North America is actually called "Real Speed Engineering" in Japan and they basically sell Aliexpress grade items.

If you want any sort of first party support, Titan Motorsports Titanium is probably gonna be your best bet. Otherwise take your pic of Aliexpress exhaust and hope the welds and valve hold up.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't really mean this in a derogatory way but, at your price range you're gonna be mainly looking at Aliexpress if you want titanium.

The Tomei Type-D isn't actually an authentic Tomei part. Long story short there's some brand disputes but Tomei North America isn't selling you the same stuff Tomei Japan is.

Tomei Japan doesn't actually make an A90 exhaust, and Tomei North America is actually called "Real Speed Engineering" in Japan and they basically sell Aliexpress grade items.

If you want any sort of first party support, Titan Motorsports Titanium is probably gonna be your best bet. Otherwise take your pic of Aliexpress exhaust and hope the welds and valve hold up.
No offense taken, this is what's great about the community. To be honest, had no idea about Tomei here in the states. Thanks for the info!

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
im in cali and have the AA catted dp with Dinan exhaust (installed both at the same time) and sound in normal mode is a bit louder but not much. Startup is a lot louder until it warms up but thatā€™s about 20 secs.

Will cold start vibrate the house?

adrian56k

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Highly recommend Valvetronic. They are popular with BMW's and exotics but have not spread much within the Supra community from what I've seen. May be due to the price but the quality and convenience you pay for is definitely there. They are reputable and being able to switch from quieter than stock comfort mode to very LOUD and rowdy just from the press of a button is amazing. You can also sync the valve function to the garage controller on the rear-view mirror if you'd like or have a shop splice the wires to sync with the sport button. Really nice to have especially if you reside in California as it has saved me a few times to say the least. The pops and burbles without a tune are crisp and aggressive. I've seen videos of a tuned Supra with a Valvetronic system and it sounds like a warzone lol.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
depends on the foundation. Wife hears it a bit when in office above garage or rooms next to garage but otherwise not bad.

Darn, our master bed is above the garage. Does it wake her up?

Wumb0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT
I'm resurrecting this thread because i'm looking at exhausts. Hoping to get some input from folks. Sound is very subjective, so we'll leave that for last. My situation is BM3 custom flex-tune by Sam (~600rwhp on E30), Remnant Omega 65 turbo, stock fueling, intake, charge pipe, Titan catless downpipe, stock catback exhaust. What i'd like out an exhaust:
  • Titanium for the weigh savings, look, and durability
  • Dual exit because i prefer that look
  • Valves that integrate w/ the stock open/close functionality
  • Great fitment/quality
  • Larger pipe diameter to take advantage of my build/power
  • Costs less than $2200
There are really only a handful out there, to the best of my knowledge this pretty much boils down to:

1) Titan Titanium exhaust (there were some early rattle issues with their kit but they may have worked them out by now. Of the 3 here, this seems to be the most raspy sounding to me).
2) Vivid Racing titanium exhaust (i'm leaning most towards this but very limited info is out there about this setup...some folks complain about fitment and non-adjustable tips).
3) Tomei Type-D (So, this one isn't valved but makes my list due to cost/value. Many fitment issues noted in the community and their large mufflers also hang pretty low. I'm on stock suspension but if i lower it, seems like it could be problem).

Right now, i'm leaning towards the Vivid kit but would love to hear from anyone who is currently running it with a catless downpipe.

With the many dozens of aftermarket exhaust systems, i'm sure i am missing something. Anyone have thoughts/feedback on these? Pros/Cons, installation gotchas, performance, etc.
I"ve been looking for the last month or so trying to decide on an exhaust as well with some of the same criteria you have. What i have found, is that if you want titanium you need to pony up the cash to get a quality exhaust or else you risk either lots of drone, welds failing, or rattle. For steel theres multiple good ones, but I ended up choosing ARK as I thought it sounded the best, and has helmholtz to counteract drone. HKS looked nice too, but was a little quiet and raspy for my taste. If I were you I'd stick to valvetronic or boostlogic.

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜23 GR Supra Premium MT
I have the boostlogic valved exhaust on my manual trans. Honestly, the valves are cool and all but barely change the tone. Currently I have the valves open and the fuse pulled, simply because it didnā€™t matter. I got a great deal from a forum member and Iā€™m definitely happy with the results, but if youā€™re looking for a valved option, ignore boostlogic all together.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
I got the AA downpipe paired with the AA exhaust and have been loving it. With the valves closed it is only a little bit louder than stock exhaust, but when valves are open the sound gets a lot deeper and louder. The pops and bangs are also really loud.

Here is a video of mine with valve closed and open. Not revving too high so the pops aren't too loud in the video.
Same!!! The AA exhaust is amazing. Constantly get compliments on it.

PASupra85

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Ascent, 2022 Prius, 2023 Supra (deposit)
I just picked up the Borla exhaust. My criteria included a deeper note, maintain the valve, and sub 2k price. This seemed to fit my needs. I unfortunately wonā€™t be able to install it for another few weeks, but Iā€™ll post some sound clips once itā€™s installed.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ended up going w/ the Titan titanium system given it's a great deal, meets all my requirements, and will mate up to my Titan catless downpipe well for a full Titan setup. I reached out to a couple of guys on YT that had posted recent videos (last couple of weeks), and both of them had nothing but good things to say about the install, fitment, quality, and sound. The valves, especially if you are catless downpipe, make a significant difference so they say. I'll do the community a favor and post some additional info about it once i get in installed and dialed in in case other folks are seriously considering it.
Sponsored