NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
I live in the woods. It was mice.
You might need to get a couple cats. Hopefully you can find a solution before they start gnawing on wires.

edit to add more info:

I did a quick google search and the following options were suggested:

1. Keep the cab of your truck or car free of food debris and clutter
  2. Park inside of a garage if possible
  3. Get your engine compartment steam cleaned
  4. Reduce harborage and food in the environment around your parking area
  5. Leave your vehicleā€™s hood up when parked
  6. Park in alternate spots, making it inconvenient and less hospitable for rodents
  7. Remove the existing rodent population with snap traps or glue boards
  8. Use rodent repellents, such as peppermint oil
  9. Focus heavily on preventative pest control in and around your entire property
  10. Wrap wires and harnesses with capsaicin-infused tape

I got them off of this site- https://sentinelpest.com/how-to-keep-rodents-out-of-your-car/

OP
OP

Doon

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
You might need to get a couple cats. Hopefully you can find a solution before they start gnawing on wires.
They gnawed on one. Looks like they ate the sleeve of the wire but not the copper. I wrapped it with electrical tape.

I was popping the hood to check my ecu to see if it was easily tunable. It isn't and my car is being eaten. Not a good day.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
My winter storage is in my he shed. Itā€™s a very tight metal building but mice can sometimes sneak in unnoticed when you have doors open. I keep a couple baited mouse traps around the car. Did not catch any last year. Caught one the first night this year. None since.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Jack the car up on 4 jack stands. Pull the wheels off if you canā€™t get them high enough for a mouse to not be able to reach the wheel. Itā€™ll make it much harder for them.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I use the larger sticky pads to aid in the possibility of mice, chipmunks, spiders, etc.

I place them at both sides of the main garage door (inside) and around the interior wall perimeter.

Overkill but I have about 8 of them in place.

OP
OP

Doon

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Anybody know the part number for the wires that plug into the coil packs? I wrapped it for now but I should probably replace it.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Wow... I thought my 24 hour rabbit fiasco was nerve wracking... and all he did was shit all over the garage and a bit on my engine cover. Thank God he was a committed vegetarian, and didn't chew on anything at all that I can find!

Looks like they were working on making your engine bay their new winter home and doing some pre move-in renovations! :eek:

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Get a cat, don't feed it too much, and make it stay outside most of the time.
FTFY. I love cats and have always had one or two since childhood. However, they are just like people - if you simply hand them everything they need, they will stop working permanently.

My last two cats were great at bringing mice/birds/etc. into the house to play with (briefly)... then they'd get bored and leave me to deal with the catching and release or extermination parts. :mad: They actually seemed to find that part more entertaining, and would sit and watch me swearing and sweating trying to catch/trap their former "toys".

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Spray spearmint oil around perimeter of car. This works, moth balls donā€™t. Buddy of mine who keeps his RV on his remote property in upstate Maine all year claims this does the trick. He tried moth balls and dryer sheets with no luck. In fact they use the dryer sheets to make nests.
Sponsored