Blown Turbo - still under warranty - chances of replacement?

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Any codes? With Bimmerlink I was able to see a bunch of hidden codes like 'overboost in manifold' which I am sure the dealership would have found out with the JB+. Which setting were you on?? Did you contact Burger?
What is this about secret/g14 classified codes? I didn't realize there are hidden codes. Is bimmerlink the only way to see them?

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Those codes are for government agencies onlyšŸ¤Ŗ

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
What is this about secret/g14 classified codes? I didn't realize there are hidden codes. Is bimmerlink the only way to see them?
I didnā€™t mean anything more hidden than ā€˜no check engine light, but you have stored codesā€™ had no idea until I tried BimmerLink!

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I've noticed that with most blown stock turbos it happens on a tune or piggyback tune of +4 psi or greater. I've seen this now on all stg2 tunes from BM3/MHD, +4 on JB+, and anything revolving around Map 2,3,4,5 on JB4 which involves at least +4 psi. But what I haven't seen yet is a blown turbo with +2 or +3 psi yet.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Yikes I was running high speed pulls in near 100 degree heat and I got and got the same excess boost manifold code and check engine light. I reset the code in bimmer
Code and took the JB+ off and have been fine since. I was thinking about putting it back on but now I think Iā€™ll hold off.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Wait.. what?
I disagree. If you leave them as is or only use the recommended maps itā€™s fine. I left my JB+ on the standard setting and it was great. The JB4 is great on map1. Some folks ran into engine trouble going way up to like Map3. Just be responsible. OP admitted to doing donuts, who knows what kind of oil starvation or something like that could have happened? Hope he gets itā€™s sorted!

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Wait.. what?
Yeah piggyback tuners are mid. You can use them and def get some gains outta them Iā€™m not debating that but Iā€™m comparison to a proper ECU flash tune itā€™s a night and day difference.

I had JB4 map 2 on 93 catless with intake and when i switch to MHD the car not only felt a lot more powerful but the powerband felt smooth and linear. The powerband on JB4 never felt like it was smooth it was very ā€œspikyā€ through the rev range.

And yes ppl like Jesse can custom tune them to be smooth and optimized but at that point it costs the same as a Femto unlock and flash. JB4 used with a custom tune is about 1k while Femto unlock and MHD (if you deal directly with femto) would be about 1500 all in. So itā€™s really a no brainer what route has more value

Femto has been trying to cut out the middle man to deal directly with consumers recently they even have a web store with order tracking now. There is no reason to use a third party to ship your DME. Youā€™re just paying someone double the cost for the same thing you can do yourself.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Catless downpipe already runs more boost and JB+ adding 4.5psi on top of that is something like 6psi over stock, which is usually 15-16psi.

Not saying that ~22psi will kill anything. I ran exactly what you did for a little while and had to jump to JB4 to fix the smoothness issues. Now I get a boost safety set always 2 psi over my max, so the turbo won't run away and blow. And use absolute targeting rather than additive.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I had JB4 map 2 on 93 catless with intake and when i switch to MHD the car not only felt a lot more powerful but the powerband felt smooth and linear. The powerband on JB4 never felt like it was smooth it was very ā€œspikyā€ through the rev range.
FYI catless and Jb4 don't mix unless you use absolute boost targets and WGDC tuning. Same issue with jb+

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
I can say without a doubt,catless, JB4, and
Doing DONUTSšŸ˜± can lead to blown turbošŸ™„