Bluetooth audio quieter than satellite radio?

Osiris_Y2K

First Name
Brighton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra Phantom
Hello, so recently I used bimmer code to get rid of the active sound, memory start stop and change the door gongs and this may be related but I have noticed that I have to really crank my volume to get to decent listening volume for my BT audio and I was wondering if it may be related to bimmer code or if there it a setting thanks!
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
it's not. you didn't screw anything up. it is like that..
Which makes me wonder, is there a setting in BimmerCode to increase the BT default level. Somewhere under HeadUnit

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Turn the volume up on your device you're streaming from. I stream from my phone and it defaults to 75% volume and I have to raise it on there to 100%.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I don't remember the BT being significantly quieter than the other sources. I use a cheepo iPhone SE2020, and I don't remember it being different when I used my iPhone7.

I would volume up your BT device.

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
The SXM is much louder than any of the other sources. I usually do a volume mark of 3 tick mark with SXM. All the other sources, including stored on the hard drive in the car have to be turned up almost half way to get a good volume level on them. I couple of times I accidently switched back to SXM and had to quickly turn down the volume.

OP
OP
Osiris_Y2K

Osiris_Y2K

First Name
Brighton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra Phantom
I don't remember the BT being significantly quieter than the other sources. I use a cheepo iPhone SE2020, and I don't remember it being different when I used my iPhone7.

I would volume up your BT device.
I have there's a difference but still have to crank it up halfway

Kgsweb

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Downshift Blue
All sources available in the head unit, not just Bluetooth audio, are much quieter than the Satellite Radio source. It would be nice to figure out how to change the pre-amp level for the other sources in the head unit to make them as loud as the Satellite Radio source. Seems like this should be available in the HeadUnit coding via BimmerCode. In aftermarket systems, this is referred to as "volume levelling" across sources, as many higher end aftermarket head units allow this.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I never used to listen to SXM much, other than Howard Stern (pre-Trump Derangement Syndrome), mainly because the sound quality was not as good as Amazon and Google Play through my iphone. But since getting my Supra SXM is all I listen to. They have dramatically improved sound quality and have added some great stations such as Underground Garage and Willie's Roadhouse.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
bluetooth being quieter in cars is a normal thing from my experience. Remedy is put ur phone volume at 80-100% then adjust the speaker volume accordingly. Having the bluetooth volume at lower levels also diminishes the audio quality. Another way around this is either connect the device through apple car play or plug it in through usb. usb option will also provide the best audio quality while also charging your device

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
bluetooth being quieter in cars is a normal thing from my experience. Remedy is put ur phone volume at 80-100% then adjust the speaker volume accordingly. Having the bluetooth volume at lower levels also diminishes the audio quality. Another way around this is either connect the device through apple car play or plug it in through usb. usb option will also provide the best audio quality while also charging your device
The SXM is much louder than any of the other sources. I usually do a volume mark of 3 tick mark with SXM. All the other sources, including stored on the hard drive in the car have to be turned up almost half way to get a good volume level on them. I couple of times I accidently switched back to SXM and had to quickly turn down the volume.
I do that same exact thing when I switch from Apple CarPlay to satellite radio, it’s pretty annoying . Would be nice to bump the CarPlay up to match SXM

D-VO

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (a91) Tungsten
This happened to me in my FRS and my Supra. I think it has something to do with the phone.

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
I dont have a Supra but experience this with my 4runner and jeep. Audio from siriusxm sounds significantly better than bluetooth audio in both vehicles. Even the bass is better. I was told that bluetooth diminishes audio significantly and to use a direct cable connection

joepro90

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I do that same exact thing when I switch from Apple CarPlay to satellite radio, it’s pretty annoying . Would be nice to bump the CarPlay up to match SXM
If you have video in motion unlocked with bimmercode, USB videos/music are also louder. But even with large files (higher bit MP3s and MP4s) it does distort a bit on full volume. might be able to re do the EQ but I haven't sat down to try this.

Drakov

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Has anyone tried the below fix?

• Launch your Android Settings.
    Disable-absolute-volume-222x300.png
  • Locate Developer Options and tap on it.
  • Scroll down to the Networking section
  • You should find the option for Disable Absolute Volume. The setting will be toggled to OFF by default.
  • Toggle it to turn it ON.
Sponsored