Boost leak?/bad turbo?

JavierX17

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 22
Need some help, while driving my car I had noticed this whistling/whinning noise coming from my car. Few mins later I got a wrench pop up on my hud display, so I park my car and open up my jb4 tuner and the code reads: “wastegate line disconnected” “reduced power mode” I had checked all of my jb4 connections and even took off my jb4 completely but the noise is still there. I’ll post videos here
Sponsored

OP
OP

JavierX17

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 22
Here’s a video of the sound I’m getting

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeesh, sounds like a blown turbo. Any smoke coming out from the exhaust?

OP
OP

JavierX17

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 22
Smoke coming from the exhaust so far

OP
OP

JavierX17

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 22
Sorry I meant no smoke coming from the exhaust, it doesn’t always make this noise, when I removed the jb4, it had actually stop making the noise but after awhile it started up again.

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Have you checked the charge pipe connections. The after market ones with the rubber connections in the middle tend to come off especially if you are running high boost

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
your turbo is gone, had the same exact sound last week. chipped propeler and shaft play vertically and horizontally, stop driving your car before you do more damage, i think oem turbo is less than 800 bucks or you can go big turbo like i did,

bm3 OTS and jb4 definitely kills oem turbos, 50+ track days on stock tune and 3 track days on bm3 and i got that sound coming from my turbo.

OP
OP

JavierX17

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 22
Have you checked the charge pipe connections. The after market ones with the rubber connections in the middle tend to come off especially if you are running high boost
has the stock charge pipe, looked around but didn’t see any damage or loose connections.

OP
OP

JavierX17

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 22
your turbo is gone, had the same exact sound last week. chipped propeler and shaft play vertically and horizontally, stop driving your car before you do more damage, i think oem turbo is less than 800 bucks or you can go big turbo like i did,

bm3 OTS and jb4 definitely kills oem turbos, 50+ track days on stock tune and 3 track days on bm3 and i got that sound coming from my turbo.
Well that sucks, I’ve seen plenty of people run the JB4 on map 2 with zero issues, tomorrow I plan to take my car to a shop and see if my turbo really is done. Not saying you’re not wrong or anything. Took a picture of inside and not sure of any damage is done.

IMG_8300.png
Sponsored