New Remnant Turbo Kit. Worked Fine for a Week, Now Acting as if I Have a Massive Boost Leak

Alec-RemnantPerformance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR 3.0 | 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8T
quick question, is that actuator bracket rod supposed to have a little play in it ?
if you are referring to the wastegate connecting arm that we include in the turbo kit, we designed it with a Heim joint built in. We did this to make sure that it is impossible for it to bind

Last edited:

AZ Zupra

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2009 GX470
Any update after replacement turbo? I've finally gotten my turbo/PI order from Remnant and wondering if there's anything I should be looking out for.

OP
OP
Jazee

Jazee

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2007 STI, 1991 Miata, 2012 5.0
Any update after replacement turbo? I've finally gotten my turbo/PI order from Remnant and wondering if there's anything I should be looking out for.
I had another issue with white smoke starting to bellow out of the exhaust. Turns out turbo oil drain line was kinked and causing oil to pressurize within the turbo. It can be difficult to clock everything properly so make sure that the oil drain is threaded first while someone holds the turbo off the studs. It will have a bend in it, which is normal, just make sure it is not kinked after everything is tight. You might have to loosen the CHRA vband and rotate to give it some more clearance.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
I'd reach out to Alec for some tips/advice if you plan to install this on your own. There are a bunch of suggestions in this thread but I had a shop do mine and they've provided some feedback to him as well. He's likely a wealth of knowledge and should be able to point out some potential gotchas. Biggest issue the shop had w/ the kit on mine was getting the WG mounted so that it would clear everything. They also installed some heat wrap around the WG itself since it's like 3-5mm from the manifold and super hot parts (the top of the EWG is plastic).
Sponsored