chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Suzuka Silver GT
Hi Jeff, I like that approach; upgraded front caliper + rotor + pad, and only rear pad. Do you think the rear rotor is worth upgrading?

I've been keeping an eye on your Radi-CAL offering for the Supra and am very keen.

In the meantime, I'm just upgrading pads to the Circo S88 - lower dust, higher performance version of the Winmax W3.
89852871_10158097660139330_6499137932417302528_o.jpg
Sponsored

JRitt@essex

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.essexparts.com
Car(s)
NA1 NSX, C6 Corvette, 987 Boxster, 335i, NA Miata
Hi Jeff, I like that approach; upgraded front caliper + rotor + pad, and only rear pad. Do you think the rear rotor is worth upgrading?

I've been keeping an eye on your Radi-CAL offering for the Supra and am very keen.

In the meantime, I'm just upgrading pads to the Circo S88 - lower dust, higher performance version of the Winmax W3.
89852871_10158097660139330_6499137932417302528_o.jpg
Some people value the rear disc looking the same as the front, so we are offering an OEM rear disc with the J Hook slot pattern. If the aesthetics are important to you, then that is a good option.

That said, if you're focused mainly on performance (which it sounds like you are), I would just run the stock rear discs...beat them up until they wear out!

Circo makes quality pads.

xBADCOMPANYx

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS, GenCoupe, Duramax Colorado, A90
What are our options for brake lines? I'm still getting a soft pedal on track days. Plenty of brakes, nearly no feel

sun573

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
What are our options for brake lines? I'm still getting a soft pedal on track days. Plenty of brakes, nearly no feel
What fluid do you have? I've found nothing bad about the stock lines as long as the fluid doesn't overheat.

xBADCOMPANYx

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Endless rf650. I've spoken with a few other ppl that have upgraded pads and fluids... On track we've experienced similar pedal feel

Q8_TwinTurbo

First Name
Athbi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Porsche 965 Turbo 3.6, 2001 Porsche 996 Turbo, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X

These are the options for brake lines that i have found to be available for the A90 Supra;

-Forge Motorsport (HoseTechnik) brake lines
URL: https://www.forgemotorsport.com/Toyota_Supra_Mk5_A90_Brake_Lines--product--1950.html

-Goodridge brake lines
URL: http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/goodridge-braided-brake-line-kit-gr-supra-a90.html

-Hel Performance brake lines
URL: https://auto.helperformance.com/toyota-supra-a90-all-models-2019

I hope that helps.

P.S. To all members wanting to know about the available aftermarket parts, kindly have a look at the list that "Powaup" has made at the following thread (MOD DB) link below. The Database has plenty of information and is being updated.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/mods-db.2961/

xBADCOMPANYx

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ended up having USR source a set for me. I'll provide feedback as soon as I can

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I haven't seen how the pads fit (slot etc) on these and how you adjust the calipers. Are there any videos as I like to view something like this to get a good mental image. My brakes carbon up so bad it is ridiculous but I guess most OEM pads do this now across many makes as they use a lot of carbon for good stopping but you get so much dust. Looking for mainly good pads for the street.

sun573

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I haven't seen how the pads fit (slot etc) on these and how you adjust the calipers. Are there any videos as I like to view something like this to get a good mental image. My brakes carbon up so bad it is ridiculous but I guess most OEM pads do this now across many makes as they use a lot of carbon for good stopping but you get so much dust. Looking for mainly good pads for the street.
The stock pads will be the least dusty if that's what you're looking for. You push back the piston the same way as any other BMW.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The stock pads will be the least dusty if that's what you're looking for. You push back the piston the same way as any other BMW.
It is the stock pads that are crazy dusty. I am looking for low dust or no dust.

sun573

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
It is the stock pads that are crazy dusty. I am looking for low dust or no dust.
That's what I'm saying. You won't find anything that less dusty than stock pads. Where do you think all the friction material goes when you wear down pads of this size?

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's what I'm saying. You won't find anything that less dusty than stock pads. Where do you think all the friction material goes when you wear down pads of this size?
I spoke with Carbotech and stated they do have dustless pads and are well aware of the issues with a number of manufactures, starting a number of years ago, since they use a lot of carbon in the pads.

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
bump

any updated opinions or reports on brake upgrades?
pads?
pads and rotors combos?

once a month track use, couple times a week use
I ordered front and rear BBK from R1 concepts, the TAT to manufacture the kit is 4 - 6 weeks. Ill post pictures once installed. I got the kits that fit OEM rims without spacers (we are not sure about the rear ones fitting without spacers yet but I will verify once it arrives).

Also, R1 concepts rear BBK does not delete the E-brake.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
bump

any updated opinions or reports on brake upgrades?
pads?
pads and rotors combos?

once a month track use, couple times a week use
Wanted a dedicated pad or a street/track pad? I'm guessing VIR since you are in Virginia? I like Winmax W3, fresh fluid (have your choice), if you need to replace rotors I like DBA, and have fun. It's kind of all preference. For a track only pad I like Pagid but not sure if they offer anything for the Supra. Haven't tracked the Supra yet as I have 2 dedicated race cars, but I'll start tracking the Supra for DE.
Sponsored