What brake pad options for street and track with Stock rotors???

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I went to the Toyota dealer today and asked about pricing for front and rear brake pads for the Supra. I was quoted 362 dollars for front pads and 180 for rear pads. Are there any other brake pad options for track and street matched with stock rotors????
Sponsored

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I'm not an expert but I'll quickly chime in to say, you CAN use stock pads for track, but you don't want to long term, use that short term only.

Past that from what I hear the CSG pads are great from some other mentions around here. Some more knowledgeable folks should comment soon

OP
OP
3TMagnetMan

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I'm not an expert but I'll quickly chime in to say, you CAN use stock pads for track, but you don't want to long term, use that short term only.

Past that from what I hear the CSG pads are great from some other mentions around here. Some more knowledgeable folks should comment soon
The Stock pads were pretty good on the track. Was looking to see if there are other options once I wear these pads out.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Im taking off my OEM Brembo pads on Monday and probably going to list them for sale here they only have 500 miles on them. I'm going with powerstop low dust pads as I don't track the car and I'm OCD about brake dust. PM me if you'd be interested :)

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Im taking off my OEM Brembo pads on Monday and probably going to list them for sale here they only have 500 miles on them. I'm going with powerstop low dust pads as I don't track the car and I'm OCD about brake dust. PM me if you'd be interested :)
I'd offer you $100 pickup for both Front & Rear which I think it's fair price. However, for that price, you might consider keeping it. If you can brake just 1 ft less, you may just avoid accident. I just have revised my instruction on braking distance for R1 concept and power stop brake pads to 200 ~ 250%. FYI.

I understand you want to look good but if you get into an accident, it won't look good. also, there are other ways to look better.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Are you looking for a pad that can be run on both street AND track or a pad for each that you can swap in and out?

I'm trying to decide if I want to do 2 sets or compromise a bit and have something that can be reasonably used for both.

OP
OP
3TMagnetMan

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Are you looking for a pad that can be run on both street AND track or a pad for each that you can swap in and out?

I'm trying to decide if I want to do 2 sets or compromise a bit and have something that can be reasonably used for both.
I would like a pad that runs both track and street. So far Im impressed with the stock Bembo pads. just seeing what options there are for the Supra with Stock rotors.

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I run Endless MX72s with Endless RF 650 brake fluid. Way better than OEM pads + fluid for brake feel on the track.

CSG CPs are the other popular option.
Any more feedback on the MX72 pad? Considering it for a street/track pad.