Lemmy

First Name
Emran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Hello folks,

got my chargepipe and BOV installed today. Didn’t get any real complaints from my installer , he said that he thought it was pretty straight forward. The only thing he wasn’t a fan of , is one of the lines is kind folded \ almost pinched, but it runs fine , I’ll see if I can get a pic later.

have only driven about 1.5 hours since I had it installed , didn’t notice any issues. No lights. I have noticeably less turbo flutter (MSTv2 intake) at higher boost when I let off , but it’s replaced with the sharp BOV sound. At Low boost , you still hear more flutter and almost not BOV. I love the way it sounds and was smiling the whole time in the drive home.

oh and on any more turbo lag ir the car running differently, I haven’t noticed anything yet but let me try to get more seat time and I’ll report back
Sponsored

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Hello folks,

got my chargepipe and BOV installed today. Didn’t get any real complaints from my installer , he said that he thought it was pretty straight forward. The only thing he wasn’t a fan of , is one of the lines is kind folded \ almost pinched, but it runs fine , I’ll see if I can get a pic later.

have only driven about 1.5 hours since I had it installed , didn’t notice any issues. No lights. I have noticeably less turbo flutter (MSTv2 intake) at higher boost when I let off , but it’s replaced with the sharp BOV sound. At Low boost , you still hear more flutter and almost not BOV. I love the way it sounds and was smiling the whole time in the drive home.

Appreciate your video, thought it would be crayzy loud with the mst v2 :(

Lemmy

First Name
Emran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Appreciate your video, thought it would be crayzy loud with the mst v2 :(
I will say that it’s much more louder IRL , similar with Thea video of an intake or exhaust, I don’t think all the sound translates through video. Best to see if you can hear one IRL

R8TTEDR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R8V10TT, Turbo S, 570s, 335i, X5 40i
The only thing he wasn’t a fan of , is one of the lines is kind folded \ almost pinched, but it runs fine , I’ll see if I can get a pic later.
Curious to see, please post a picture when you have a chance. Glad you're enjoying the system!

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0 Premium
Installed switch to easily turn vacuum into BOV on/off. Only got to drive for a few miles, however didn't notice any lag differences with switch on or off (which is a good thing). Will provide updates when I'm able to test it a bit more. Also plan on dyno again soon, will do a few runs with switch on/off.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
I noticed this as well, as soon as I was switching gears. I love the sound of this BOV. Much better and louder than the HKS, IMO.

Thanks for sharing this video clip.
This also happens with the turbo wastegate when you don't have the car in sport. Or more specifically the engine and gear in sport mode. Just a tiny bit of air escapes when flooring it and it upshifts. I dont notice it when I have the engine and gear in sport.

Last edited:

R8TTEDR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R8V10TT, Turbo S, 570s, 335i, X5 40i
Installed switch to easily turn vacuum into BOV on/off. Only got to drive for a few miles, however didn't notice any lag differences with switch on or off (which is a good thing). Will provide updates when I'm able to test it a bit more. Also plan on dyno again soon, will do a few runs with switch on/off.
BOV works as two functions, the pressure on top with spring pressure is what keeps it closed during WOT. Then when throttle closes there is slight vacuum and pressure differential in the system that lets the BOV open.

So in this case if you have the valve closed, the spring pressure is only 2psi. Once you go above 2psi with no pressure on top of the BOV. It will open therefore you have a big boost leak. Slick idea but it will not work :(

Shadows_mkv

First Name
Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0 Premium MT
Show a video of both those you explained!
You can kinda hear it in the beginning, it does it a very low speeds/rpms, thats when I feel the car kinda bog back and forward, I dont feel anything at high speeds/rpms.

john99teg

First Name
johnreb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a91 nocturnal special edition
Just installed and it sounds fantastic! I have it paired with the stock airbox. I do notice around 3k rpm there is a sound like the bov is opening with partial throttle. I don't however notice any lag response on low rpm. I am think of getting a an aftermarket intake for better sound. What do you guys recommend that go well with bov?

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra A91, '02 RSX Type-S
Hello folks,

Which spring is installed?

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra A91, '02 RSX Type-S
I had this charge pipe and BOV installed 2 weeks ago, love it, but have also noticed that on partial throttle or letting off the gas just a bit does open the BOV. I also have installed a CG Precision downpipe and JB4 with custom map 6 Jesse tune. While i look at boost pressure on my JB4 app, as an example, the boost does drop from say 7psi to 2 when I’m accelerating normally and slightly let off the gas but still pressure on pedal. I’m not sure if i would be happier with the orange or purple spring. On WOT, there is no issue. I do love the sound when building up a good amount of boost and fully releasing the throttle.

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0 Premium
I had this charge pipe and BOV installed 2 weeks ago, love it, but have also noticed that on partial throttle or letting off the gas just a bit does open the BOV. I also have installed a CG Precision downpipe and JB4 with custom map 6 Jesse tune. While i look at boost pressure on my JB4 app, as an example, the boost does drop from say 7psi to 2 when I’m accelerating normally and slightly let off the gas but still pressure on pedal. I’m not sure if i would be happier with the orange or purple spring. On WOT, there is no issue. I do love the sound when building up a good amount of boost and fully releasing the throttle.
Significant reduction on BOV sounds with Orange spring, probably almost none with Purple. I tried the Orange and would rather have the sounds.

dustwhyn

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 M340i
I’ve got some more logs to add to the shared info. I recorded two logs (Cold start and cruising/mixed driving) for both charge pipes (BMS and CTS).

BMS (Cold Start):
https://datazap.me/u/dustwhyn/mhd-stage-2-e40-ots-cold-start-w-bms-elite-charge-pipe-and-bov

BMS (Driving):
https://datazap.me/u/dustwhyn/mhd-stage-2-e40-ots-w-bms-elite-charge-pipe-and-bov

CTS (Cold Start):
https://datazap.me/u/dustwhyn/mhd-stage-2-e40-ots-cold-start-w-cts-charge-pipe

CTS (Driving):
https://datazap.me/u/dustwhyn/mhd-stage-2-e40-ots-w-cts-charge-pipe

I also have a video of the “hissing” noise present when the BOV opens at part throttle. My turbo is quite loud, as I have a T51R mod, but if you listen closely, you can hear the separate hissing sound of the BOV opening when it shouldn’t be. This has created a noticeable lag down low, and after going back to my CTS charge pipe, I can confirm that my car does feel peppier in the lower RPM range- enough to where I was actually surprised on the first drive after switching back to the CTS charge pipe.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Looking at your logs i'm not really seeing any smoking gun. During your drive with the BMS charge pipe, the ECU requested non-zero boost only 3 times, only one of which was part throttle and the other were WOT. Manifold boost was more than 3 psi off from target. However, the MHD CTS log shows 2-3 psi off target as well during part throttle accelerations when boost target is non-zero.

What's interesting is that i observed what @R8TTEDR mentioned. During steady-speed cruising the BMS log shows boost deviations that are much smaller in magnitude than the CTS. The deepest valley is -3 psi for BMS. Meanwhile the MHD CTS has multiple boost error excursions to -5 psi. Use the scale on the right for boost error.

1696387558648.png

Could you do a few more mid-throttle logs?
Sponsored

Last edited: