Silver Sponsor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.titanmotorsports.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV Premium White, 2020 MKV Premium Black, MK4 Supras. Among others.
Vehicle Showcase
The results the OP is seeing are not uncommon for high altitude cars on PiggyBacks or pre-programemd tunes. It is not unusual for these customers to require custom tuning. The same applies for older BMW's on JB4's.

OP is the first customer at high altitude to test the ProTune, after seeing these results we have our software engineer working at no charge on specific maps to better the results for OP and others in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Supra dsb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 DSB Supra Limited
Update:
Titan - Great response and have already created a new high altitude tune. Sending box back to have it reloaded.

Burger- not so great. They offered to refund my money. Said itā€™s not possible to produce less power than factory. Even though Iā€™ve got 3 runs with and 3 without...

OP
OP

Supra dsb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 DSB Supra Limited
The results the OP is seeing are not uncommon for high altitude cars on PiggyBacks or pre-programemd tunes. It is not unusual for these customers to require custom tuning. The same applies for older BMW's on JB4's.

OP is the first customer at high altitude to test the ProTune, after seeing these results we have our software engineer working at no charge on specific maps to better the results for OP and others in the future.
Thanks! Ashley is great and responded so quickly!

Thelostrican

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra a90, gtr
You're in Colorado, and with 91, no matter what you do, your car will always have less power, than the same car in a lower altitude,with better fuel. the good news is that all cars are affected by the higher altitude.

That jb4 intake is a joke, they claim that hot air won't affect the performance...
The mkv is an oven, by the turbo, intake area...

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You're in Colorado, and with 91, no matter what you do, your car will always have less power, than the same car in a lower altitude,with better fuel. the good news is that all cars are affected by the higher altitude.

That jb4 intake is a joke, they claim that hot air won't affect the performance...
The mkv is an oven, by the turbo, intake area...
Agreed. I wasn't impressed at all with the intake and returned it. A true CAI needs to be routed outside of the engine compartment. I've not seen one yet, but, I'm sure a few companies are working on it.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Agreed. I wasn't impressed at all with the intake and returned it. A true CAI needs to be routed outside of the engine compartment. I've not seen one yet, but, I'm sure a few companies are working on it.
yes we are among other things.

bobbybiglug

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 RCF, '20 Supra, '19 Tundra, '14 4Runner, '16 R1

Its great to hear that a high altitude specific tune is being worked on. Iā€™ve held out on buying a tune until something like this was addressed. Any idea on how long until itā€™s available to purchase?

Titan Motorsports

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.titanmotorsports.com
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its great to hear that a high altitude specific tune is being worked on. Iā€™ve held out on buying a tune until something like this was addressed. Any idea on how long until itā€™s available to purchase?
We are hoping to have a ProTune flashed and shipped today for OP. Again, high altitude cars are a whole different animal when it comes to tuning so we are hoping this resolves the customers current issues.

Custom tunes are always going to see high output their a piggyback, but we would still love to have a quick and easy solution for high altitude customers as well. Will keep you posted once we have results!

ST-AUTOSPORT

First Name
Tonni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Lexus IS300, Celica GT-4 ST205 WRC, MR2 SW20,
from your AFR curve, its running way too lean so it might be severely knocking, these cars target 14AFR in boost stock though, but with custom tune we rescaled the targets to 11.8/12 to aid in cooling, seeing great gains also.
Do propper logging or get a quality tune, those engines have a very specific torque strategy, a piggyback won't help...

Titan Motorsports

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.titanmotorsports.com
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
from your AFR curve, its running way too lean so it might be severely knocking, these cars target 14AFR in boost stock though, but with custom tune we rescaled the targets to 11.8/12 to aid in cooling, seeing great gains also.
Do propper logging or get a quality tune, those engines have a very specific torque strategy, a piggyback won't help...
Though that is a great strategy, his issue is target AFR & boost pressure at OP's altitude. The Piggyback on a standard map for a car at sea level was likely what led to the ECU causing the throttle to close when the ECU didn't see target. There are other cars making 600+WHP that were experiencing similar issues on flashes. Again, not uncommon for cars at high altitude and often times this is why a custom tune is best.

However, if a PiggyBack is mapped to cater to high altitude cars then there may be a solution for it after all.

Subzero05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sounds like Titan will have it worked out . I love the unit on mine, albeit itā€™s stock with their tune and itā€™s been flawless . I personally never had much luck with burger but thatā€™s just me , and Iā€™m not a fan of a filter on a stick mentality, but again just me