Buying a supra in IL

Natedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche
It seems like they all have no clue when they might be getting some in. Some required a deposit to be added to the wait list and others just took my information and said they'll get in contact whenever they see they have one incoming.
That's because dealers really don't have a clue when they'll get a supra in. They only get what Toyota will send them. You can't order one. They find out about their allocation when Toyota posts them on the website saying they have an incoming allocation.

Imo experience talking to people and chatting with dealers. The list is a joke unless you have a deposit down. They aren't calling the non-deposit lists until the car is sitting at the dealer most time for days. Manual supras are being presold weeks if not a month ahead of time typically.
Sponsored

UkrSupr94

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Honda CR-V, 2014 Acura RDX
Hey everyone,

I placed an order for a Supra back in October after finding out that this was the only dealer which was willing to order the Supra at MSRP. (All other dealerships either didnā€™t want to put me on a list or said theyā€™ll call me if they receive an allocation.) So, the sales person confirmed with the GM, he approved to order the car, and said 3-4 months with a potential delay due to holidays.

Now, they were supposed to find out if there is an allocation build scheduled for Wednesday, but instead said there is a recall for the Supra and BMWs šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

I think the dealership is creating excuses and didnā€™t necessarily order the car, but is waiting for an allocation just like all other Toyota dealerships in United States. Iā€™m in no rush to get the car, but it would be nice to have it by summertime. What do yā€™all think?

P.S. I know I have a nonrefundable deposit. If I donā€™t get the Supra, Iā€™ll just get another Toyota to replace the winter beater.
IMG_8064.jpeg

IMG_8258.jpeg

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

UkrSupr94

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Honda CR-V, 2014 Acura RDX
All I see on the news for a recall is regarding Takata airbag recall which I'm like again Takata?? Says for SUVs which are built in SC.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/small-bmw-recall-raises-questions-about-30-million-airbags/

But then there is this
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/recall-alert-bmw-2-series-3-series-x3-x4/
Hmmmā€¦ I did see that first recall, but that second one I did not. However, the Supra is a Z4 platform and not necessarily a 2 series, so I donā€™t think it would fall into that recall.

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Hey everyone,

I placed an order for a Supra back in October after finding out that this was the only dealer which was willing to order the Supra at MSRP. (All other dealerships either didnā€™t want to put me on a list or said theyā€™ll call me if they receive an allocation.) So, the sales person confirmed with the GM, he approved to order the car, and said 3-4 months with a potential delay due to holidays.

Now, they were supposed to find out if there is an allocation build scheduled for Wednesday, but instead said there is a recall for the Supra and BMWs šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

I think the dealership is creating excuses and didnā€™t necessarily order the car, but is waiting for an allocation just like all other Toyota dealerships in United States. Iā€™m in no rush to get the car, but it would be nice to have it by summertime. What do yā€™all think?

P.S. I know I have a nonrefundable deposit. If I donā€™t get the Supra, Iā€™ll just get another Toyota to replace the winter beater.
IMG_8064.jpeg

IMG_8258.jpeg
They didn't order the car, because they can't order the car. At best they can 'request' a car. They basically have nothing until Toyota gives them an allocation, which may have nothing in common with their request. If you don't have a deposit down on an actual allocation, you are just on a waitlist hoping they get one allocated at a future time.

You can look at this spreadsheet of all the supra allocations to get an idea of how often they are available.

Sponsored