Cabin filter

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
Where is the cabin filter on my 2021 Supra premium. I've searched the net and hand book, and nothing. They do show a cabin filter for sale, but nothing where it's installed.
Sponsored

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering that myself. I wanted to install a K&N filter. Wouldn't it be in the same area as the BMW Z4 located under the passenger side dash?

• Haha
Reactions: kaj
OP
OP
Ivan27

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was wondering that myself. I wanted to install a K&N filter. Wouldn't it be in the same area as the BMW Z4 located under the passenger side dash?
I looked, passenger side under dash. Saw 2 quick release tabs. I'm going to see if it's there.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
They are usually always under the passenger side dash

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 2.28.47 PM.png

you need to remove *3 hose before removing cover. I will have to check to make sure I have this soon. because recently, I was servicing my sister's nissan sentra and I was shocked to find out that filter was missing completely. she said it was never serviced before so one of 2 scenarios, it was never there from dealership or some shady mechanic shop removed it while it was there..

OP
OP
Ivan27

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

you need to remove *3 hose before removing cover. I will have to check to make sure I have this soon. because recently, I was servicing my sister's nissan sentra and I was shocked to find out that filter was missing completely. she said it was never serviced before so one of 2 scenarios, it was never there from dealership or some shady mechanic shop removed it while it was there..
What a freaking hassle, On my 2018 4runner limited, they wanted to charge $40.00 to change cabin filter. It was the simplest thing I've done. Took less than 5 mins. to change out dropping the glove box. I can imagine what they'll charge for the new Supra?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I usually replace every 15k miles or every 2 years on my cars.

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase

Surprised it is not accessible from the glove box like most cars ... SMH ??‍♂

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Surprised it is not accessible from the glove box like most cars ... SMH ??‍♂
This makes sense now.

I tried to see if the glovebox can be detached since I wanted to run some wiring behind it for the footwell lights but it appears the long dash panel behind the climate control has to come out too. Ugh. Thankfully I was able to just run it behind the panel under the glovebox.

OP
OP
Ivan27

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, got a vinegar smell lately when the a/c s on. Time to change the cabin filter after 2 yrs of use. It looks simple, but for a 70 yr old bending and position of body will be a hassle.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Well, got a vinegar smell lately when the a/c s on. Time to change the cabin filter after 2 yrs of use. It looks simple, but for a 70 yr old bending and position of body will be a hassle.
Could you let me know how it goes please and any tricky/fiddly parts as I would like to be ready to change mine too and I'm not very good with these things / what tools are needed etc. So any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!