OP
OP
mokleen

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
If you can save a few thousand dollars buying out of state, that is well worth it. Getting it smogged is $60 plus CHP verification of the VIN, and pay the tax you normally would pay (which will be less since your car is less)
I would pay california tax from where I am purchasing the car from.

as car as buying in california, i would love to, but everyone keeps scooping these supras up with a 5k mark up - i have no choice but to look else where.

Also, i dont mind doing the extra work, as long as I have the car and dont have to worry about smog for 8 years

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I would pay california tax from where I am purchasing the car from.

as car as buying in california, i would love to, but everyone keeps scooping these supras up with a 5k mark up - i have no choice but to look else where.

Also, i dont mind doing the extra work, as long as I have the car and dont have to worry about smog for 8 years
You can't find one for MSRP locally?

OP
OP
mokleen

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can't find one for MSRP locally?
Not a renaissance red. I put a deposit down at longo but that will be a while from now.
looking to scoop one up asap before anything crazy happens during these times.

If you know of one, let me know

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Not a renaissance red. I put a deposit down at longo but that will be a while from now.
looking to scoop one up asap before anything crazy happens during these times.

If you know of one, let me know
Hamer Toyota has one, but it's a 2021 Red. If you want it, I don't see why they would hold on to a 2021.

Charles is the Fleet director there. I'm sure he can help with getting you one if you tell him Longo will soon have one for you at MSRP

OP
OP
mokleen

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hamer Toyota has one, but it's a 2021 Red. If you want it, I don't see why they would hold on to a 2021.

Charles is the Fleet director there. I'm sure he can help with getting you one if you tell him Longo will soon have one for you at MSRP
I don't want a 2021 either haha
It has to be 2022, red, 3.0 premium

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I don't want a 2021 either haha
It has to be 2022, red, 3.0 premium
Carmax has 2 2020 3.0s. One at $50998 with 15k miles in Austin, TX, and one at the same price, and 9k miles in Harrisonburg,VA. The one in Austin can be shipped. Theyā€™re not Premiums, though. I didnā€™t see that when I originally posted my response.

OP
OP
mokleen

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Carmax has 2 2020 3.0s. One at $50998 with 15k miles in Austin, TX, and one at the same price, and 9k miles in Harrisonburg,VA. The one in Austin can be shipped. Theyā€™re not Premiums, though. I didnā€™t see that when I originally posted my response.
Get bro! I heard you were looking for one also @Grady60

A90.Trooper

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Recently purchased mine out of state. Paid dealer list price, got it smogged then took it to the DMV. At DMV they were able to verify my VIN, paid DMV fees and CA use tax. FYI they didnā€™t ask to see a bill of sale to verify the sale price so do with that info as you wish.

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Recently purchased mine out of state. Paid dealer list price, got it smogged then took it to the DMV. At DMV they were able to verify my VIN, paid DMV fees and CA use tax. FYI they didnā€™t ask to see a bill of sale to verify the sale price so do with that info as you wish.
This is the way.

Or if you donā€™t mind paying a small fee you can smog the car and take all the documents to a licensed DMV partner that handles registrations. Fee for the convenience of not having to deal with the dmv.

OP
OP
mokleen

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the way.

Or if you donā€™t mind paying a small fee you can smog the car and take all the documents to a licensed DMV partner that handles registrations. Fee for the convenience of not having to deal with the dmv.
Triple A, ive done it before
Sponsored