Calling all Rexspeed Gloss Carbon Spoiler owners, please read.

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
Hey guys. Trying to get everyones opinions on the quality, fit, and finish of this product. I'm seeing it for $410.00 USD on Speed Industries website and I've been looking for a rear lip spoiler for a while now. I'm thinking I will tie it all together with a set of OEM Carbon mirror caps. Anyways, can anyone share their opinions on the product, the quality of the clear coat, the carbon weave, the fitment, and the amount of time they've had it and how well it's held up? Thanks all!
I had the same concern. I decided to order mine from automodz.ca. I purchased the v1 spoiler which is identical to the rexpeed v1 spoiler. However, I have heard that the quality from automodz.ca is basically flawless. It cost me $390.00 and I should be receiving it soon supposedly. Iā€™ll keep you updated on it
Sponsored

michaeljeff

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Phantom 3.0 Premium
I just installed a rexpeed v3 spoiler that I bought from speed industries. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and fit. There weren't any noticeable defects on the carbon weave and the the fit was on par with the vorsteiner and moshammer parts that I had on my other cars - maybe even better than vorsteiner.

I think Rexpeed's quality has improved this past year. The finish of the V3 spoiler is considerably better than the finish on the Rexpeed carbon mirrors caps that were purchased 6 months ago.

Joe

20210404_162641.jpg
20210404_162714.jpg
20210404_162702.jpg
Is this the gloss carbon one? Waiting on my V3 matte to ship, SI said about 3 weeks.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Does anyone have a black Supra with a carbon fiber spoiler?
Not sure on how it would look

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I also got mine from Speed Industries. The rear spoiler is a thing of beauty when sunlight hits it. The clear coat, weave and fitment were spot on. The directions are a bit vague and in Mandarin but you get the gist of it from the illustrations.

Also, surface prep is key. I was initially worried since my car was ceramic coated prior to installing the spoiler. But after a few extra steps and adhesion promoter its not coming of any time this decade!

-RJM

688DCBCF-5564-4386-92C5-975E753C70A5.jpeg

2F3E3962-3E25-47CF-9CE3-D3CD693934DE.jpeg

Driver181920

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hopefully a Supra
I wanted to know the same thing as OP. Purchased $280 TR style from ebay on 12/20, I would score it 4/10 [10/10 is the quality of OEM CF mirror caps or the CF center console]. Multiple obvious and numerous less obvious defects under the clear coat. Uneven finish around corners and edges. CF cloth was laid unevenly. Tooling marks still visible on clearcoat. Filament was off on the rear emblem area as well as the R side edge. CF was so horrible, a unpainted black spoiler would be better.

Picked up Rexpeed for $400 on 4/21, I would score it 7.5/10. There are a couple defects under clear coat, less obvious though. Still some uneven finishing around the edges (not bad at all), CF cloth is even for the most part. Some tooling marks visible if you look for them. The clearcoat is not completely flat or smooth. Filiment will be a little off on the two corners when you test fit; however after adding 3M tape & installing, I will say, it's about 90-95%. Like some others have mentioned, the sides of the rear/back portion doesn't make 100% contact.

Overall, satisfied with $400 Rexpeed. I don't have experience, but seems like $550-650 Seibon (they increased MSRP recently) is better quality, if willing to pay more. Some users comment that all the Taiwan CF spoilers come from the same factory....that may or may not be true. It could be the factory will grade each finished spoiler....then brand/sell different grades specifically. for example premium=8-10, Rexpeed=6-8, Ebay/Aliexpress=4-6. Or factory makes better quality as they make more & more. As others stated, prep....clean both mating surfaces with iso-alcohol, follow the provided instructions to the sequence of attaching the different areas of the spoiler .

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Also, surface prep is key. I was initially worried since my car was ceramic coated prior to installing the spoiler. But after a few extra steps and adhesion promoter its not coming of any time this decade!
Could you describe in a bit more detail how you prepped the surface? I had my car ceramic coated a couple of weeks ago, and my Rexpeed spoiler will be coming in the mail in a few days. I plan to clean the surface with IPA and use the 3M adhesion promotor, but what other steps (if any) did you take?

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I have a red Supra, was thinking about getting a Rexspeed lip spoiler as well but in black since I don't have any other carbon pieces. Do you guys think that would be fine or would it be off since it says Metallic Black?

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I finally received my spoiler from Automodz.ca. So long story short, it took about a month and a half to get my spoiler. First one came in damaged, so they let me keep it and sent me a new one. However, the new one is different. It sticks out more and flares up a bit compared to the first one. It looks like the rexpeed one but extends more and actually doesnā€™t even match the picture they provide of it. Quality is good for the most part but fit could definitely be better. Weave is phenomenal though and I canā€™t complain.
3CBD1846-D3E3-484C-92D7-4527404A7EC5.jpeg
693D59F2-3782-45C6-87D7-6205C3CB8E61.jpeg
F2B77D13-B5F7-4324-BB20-7D36CD31E3B7.jpeg

Mkmtl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium
I finally received my spoiler from Automodz.ca. So long story short, it took about a month and a half to get my spoiler. First one came in damaged, so they let me keep it and sent me a new one. However, the new one is different. It sticks out more and flares up a bit compared to the first one. It looks like the rexpeed one but extends more and actually doesnā€™t even match the picture they provide of it. Quality is good for the most part but fit could definitely be better. Weave is phenomenal though and I canā€™t complain.
3CBD1846-D3E3-484C-92D7-4527404A7EC5.jpeg
693D59F2-3782-45C6-87D7-6205C3CB8E61.jpeg
F2B77D13-B5F7-4324-BB20-7D36CD31E3B7.jpeg
Why don't the ends stay stuck?I just got one and this is disconcerning

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why don't the ends stay stuck?I just got one and this is disconcerning
The ends donā€™t stay stuck because of the mold they used. Thereā€™s no way of fixing it. Idk if theyā€™ve improved since the time I got mine but I just ended up getting one from Suvneer instead. Fit is perfect
Sponsored