First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
cant view. upload log to Datazap, then post link here. or you hav to give permission to view that drive file.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I can see the Google Drive link just fine. Maybe your Adblock?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
It looks like a pretty standard BM3 tune, other than the timing corrections being larger than normal. It calls for 21.x psi of boost and makes almost that, WG is working for boost control, lambda is pretty normal 0.84-0.82, actual and command lambda follow well, fuel trim is slightly further away from unity (1) than I am used to but not bad, IAT gets warmer over time...

All pretty normal other than timing corrections after a couple sec of WOT. Was traction control off for the log? Can you try different gas or add octane and re-log?

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Do you see something wrong?
I'm not really familiar with the BM3 protocols (I use MHD), but there is a strange thing – at least for me. Your MAF value peaks at 1020kg/h and then stays there for the entire protocol, which is, impossible.
So imho there should be an error with the logger or with the MAF sensor. ( or maybe you are using an air intake, which is not OEM)
You have 1020kg/h which is about 283g/s, and it’s is realistic at 5300rpm ( that should be about 370hp at that point). But with your estimated power of about 420-430hp it should be at 1200kg/h at higher rpms, and this is not the case.

I checked your "times" from the log and you reach 100-160 km/h in 4.28 seconds (in real life it would be a bit longer [~4,5]as these values are speedometer values and not GPS).
That would be around 9.0sec 100-200km/h, which is realistic with a Stage 1.
When I had 422 hp on my Z4, that was about the same time.
I tried creating a virtual dyno run using your logs and it appears to be the same (~430hp). I assumed your fuel tank was full and so the weight is about 1640 kg and that you measured without any slope..
If you could upload a full log in 4th gear (2000-6800 RPM) I could create a better graph.
You started WOT at around 4000 rpm and the turbo needs time to ramp up, therefore is the torque too low at ~4000 rpm..
You car is the 340hp version, right ?

supragrbm3_1.jpg

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
@kfer the MAF is supposed to do that (max out). Apparently BMW engine management strategy does not use MAF for high flow/load conditions.

OP
OP
mkv_ppf

mkv_ppf

First Name
Bar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
I'm not really familiar with the BM3 protocols (I use MHD), but there is a strange thing – at least for me. Your MAF value peaks at 1020kg/h and then stays there for the entire protocol, which is, impossible.
So imho there should be an error with the logger or with the MAF sensor. ( or maybe you are using an air intake, which is not OEM)
You have 1020kg/h which is about 283g/s, and it’s is realistic at 5300rpm ( that should be about 370hp at that point). But with your estimated power of about 420-430hp it should be at 1200kg/h at higher rpms, and this is not the case.

I checked your "times" from the log and you reach 100-160 km/h in 4.28 seconds (in real life it would be a bit longer [~4,5]as these values are speedometer values and not GPS).
That would be around 9.0sec 100-200km/h, which is realistic with a Stage 1.
When I had 422 hp on my Z4, that was about the same time.
I tried creating a virtual dyno run using your logs and it appears to be the same (~430hp). I assumed your fuel tank was full and so the weight is about 1640 kg and that you measured without any slope..
If you could upload a full log in 4th gear (2000-6800 RPM) I could create a better graph.
You started WOT at around 4000 rpm and the turbo needs time to ramp up, therefore is the torque too low at ~4000 rpm..
You car is the 340hp version, right ?

supragrbm3_1.jpg
Thanks for the detailed reply!
I’m with an aftermarket intake
And yeah I would do another log and send it here.
this is the 6 port 383hp supra

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
@kfer the MAF is supposed to do that (max out). Apparently BMW engine management strategy does not use MAF for high flow/load conditions.
That is interesting. This is a sensor value and should show the reality. You could even calculate the approximate power from this value (MAF g/s multiply by 1.25-1.3 depending on the AFR value).
In my MHD log with Stage 2 OTS I see MAF values over 380g/s, which corresponds to 1368 kg/h.

mhd_ots_stage2.jpg

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Thanks for the detailed reply!
I’m with an aftermarket intake
And yeah I would do another log and send it here.
this is the 6 port 383hp supra
If you have the 383hp version then there is something wrong.
The factory spread should be within the 5% limit, i.e. in the range 360-400 HP crank.
The BMWs are more like +5%, so let's say you should have about 400HP without tune (I don't want to start any discussion about WHPs from dynos with optimistic readings here!)
What I can see from your log is just a small plus, but a Stage 1 should be stronger ( +30HP and only in the upper range).
That's why I have a stupid question: Is it possible that you don't use xHP or some other transmission tune?
Because in your protocol there are 3 torque values, one is different from the other two. I created a chart for you with the values from your log.
There you can see the two values. I think the orange one is what you should have. That would be around 680 Nm and 472 HP@6200rpm (that's what I would expect from a BM3 on your engine ).
The blue line corresponds almost 1:1 to the values that I generated from your log in my previous post ( I mean the dyno chart). There is a peak of 432HP@6200 and my log told 431@6080,
As you can see, the torque seems to be limited in the 500 Nm range.
So I would guess that your tuner is trying to produce more power but your TCU is limiting this.
Is it possible to flash back to Stage 0 (~Stock) in BM3? I would be really interested to see what a standard log looks like.

suprabm3_torqu12.jpg

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
@kfer I went back and looked at some my BM3 logs from stage 1, 2, now custom. BM3 or the tuners using it look to be scaling variables to trick the factory management system. I would do similar on some of my older boosted v8s that were not designed to see loads/VE much over 100%. Could this be possible with the BM3? I am running a CTS turbo with pump gas and water/meth making 23 at the MAP sensor, 25+ pre-TB. I am pretty sure I am making more than 600 Nm at the clutch but that's what the log says. Plus my maf pretty much stays pegged out at 1020 kg/hr while in boost.
Sponsored