Canadian Manual Transmission Allocations

RandomGuy7890

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Originally they called me end of February to tell me it would arrive mid April. Then they called me last week and gave an estimate of 15th to 20th.
Mine is also scheduled to arrive at the end of this month, but I'm getting scared lol... More people are posting that their clutches are slipping and now apparently there's e-brake issues.
Sponsored

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
now apparently there's e-brake issues.
At least the e-brake looks a software issue with a pretty easy logic fix. The clutches still seem all over the place though - not that you should have to go this route, but at least there is a aftermarket clutch available now.

Fuman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
My dealer called said they have an AT allocation and is trying to trade it. My luck sucks.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Mine is also scheduled to arrive at the end of this month, but I'm getting scared lol... More people are posting that their clutches are slipping and now apparently there's e-brake issues.
When you spend enough time on these forums, it gives you the impression that it’s much more common than it actually is.

Ive spoken to quite a few MT owners outside the forums who’ve had no issues after driving it hard. Some have done the break in and some haven’t.

Anyways, mine arrived Thursday evening and they’ll be done PDI and release the car on Tuesday.

When you get the delivery date, make sure to request the PDI be done on arrival if you don’t want to see the car and then wait a few extra days for pick up.

sunce868

First Name
Ce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk6 VW GTI, Mk5 Supra Incoming
When you spend enough time on these forums, it gives you the impression that it’s much more common than it actually is.

Ive spoken to quite a few MT owners outside the forums who’ve had no issues after driving it hard. Some have done the break in and some haven’t.

Anyways, mine arrived Thursday evening and they’ll be done PDI and release the car on Tuesday.

When you get the delivery date, make sure to request the PDI be done on arrival if you don’t want to see the car and then wait a few extra days for pick up.
This is concerning... my A91MT is 6500 KM now and clutch is holding up pretty well. You never know how people drive these things so it's hard to tell.. I hope I dont have to change the clutch lol.. btw what is the issue with the handbrake?

Ace of Laces

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Benz C350, 20' Porsche Taycan 4S, 23' MT Supra

Schwany

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Audi RS5, 2022 Lexus NX350 F-Sport
Has anyone been able to secure a better lease rate then whats currently on offer from toyota financial? 7.5% is insulting

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Has anyone been able to secure a better lease rate then whats currently on offer from toyota financial? 7.5% is insulting
The toyota.ca site is giving me 7.49 to lease, but 6.19 for a 36 month finance (which is as short-term as the website will go...).

AayVeee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
what do y’all prefer more? lease or finance? i’m tryna figure out which to go with

TomsMKV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra - Nitro Yellow
If you plan to keep, finance.
If you plan to get another toy in a few years, lease.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
what do y’all prefer more? lease or finance? i’m tryna figure out which to go with
I leased because my lease and finance rate was the same. Being first model year and coming from another bmw platform I knew issues could arise and with a lease if anything came up in that time I could just give it back to the dealer without issues. Planning to buy it out once my lease term is up now because my estimated residual at the time is significantly lower than current market value.
Sponsored