Canadian Manual Transmission Allocations

RandomGuy7890

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
When you spend enough time on these forums, it gives you the impression that it’s much more common than it actually is.

Ive spoken to quite a few MT owners outside the forums who’ve had no issues after driving it hard. Some have done the break in and some haven’t.

Anyways, mine arrived Thursday evening and they’ll be done PDI and release the car on Tuesday.

When you get the delivery date, make sure to request the PDI be done on arrival if you don’t want to see the car and then wait a few extra days for pick up.
Did you pick up your car =)? If you did, how is it? Initial impressions?
Sponsored

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Did you pick up your car =)? If you did, how is it? Initial impressions?
First Impressions:

- Handling is tight and refined.
- Gears feel great, notchy
- The car likes to be finessed from first to second under normal driving with a nice, slow change. All other gears have a "normal" behavior to them.
- Exhaust and drive feeling is noticeably different from normal to sport mode.
- Interior is SMALL (and i'm 5'7), feels like a cockpit. Visibility at my height took about half an hour to adjust to, but now i'm comfortable in it. If you like big windows and a bright cabin it make take some time to adjust.
- Supras are rare in Montreal, people of all ages have been stopping to stare at the car, even in traffic cars ahead of me slow down to take a look.

4.jpg

Last edited:

AayVeee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
First Impressions:

- Handling is tight and refined.
- Gears feel great, notchy
- The car likes to be finessed from first to second under normal driving with a nice, slow change. All other gears have a "normal" behavior to them.
- Exhaust and drive feeling is noticeably different from normal to sport mode.
- Interior is SMALL (and i'm 5'7), feels like a cockpit. Visibility at my height took about half an hour to adjust to, but now i'm comfortable in it. If you like big windows and a bright cabin it make take some time to adjust.
- Supras are rare in Montreal, people of all ages have been stopping to stare at the car, even in traffic cars ahead of me slow down to take a look.

4.jpg
where in canada are you located? any plans on ceramic coat / ppf?

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
I hope that's not the case when doing a more spirited 1->2 shift. I doubt you've tried that yet due to break-in mileage.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I hope that's not the case when doing a more spirited 1->2 shift. I doubt you've tried that yet due to break-in mileage.
Exactly, nothing spirited yet. I don't want to glaze the clutch so i'll do 800kms of the break in on both engine and clutch. Mainly city driving. Then i'll ease into full hooliganism towards 2000kms.

where in canada are you located? any plans on ceramic coat / ppf?
Montreal, seeing as the roads in this city are not too dissimilar from Ukraine's this time of year, I had the dealer do PPF + ceramic before delivery since they gave me a great price. PPF included hood, bumper, mirrors, rockers, pillars and roof.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Exactly, nothing spirited yet. I don't want to glaze the clutch so i'll do 800kms of the break in on both engine and clutch. Mainly city driving. Then i'll ease into full hooliganism towards 2000kms.

Montreal, seeing as the roads in this city are not too dissimilar from Ukraine's this time of year, I had the dealer do PPF + ceramic before delivery since they gave me a great price. PPF included hood, bumper, mirrors, rockers, pillars and roof.
No ppf on fenders?

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Brought her home yesterday :D

Feels fantastic so far, it was cold and dark and I'm trying to follow the proper break-in process, but so far I'm very happy with the car. I've driven an AT Supra before ;)

This one just feels a little sharper and a little tighter, yes I know it's highly subjective. And it goes without saying, that rowing your own gears adds another layer of engagement & enjoyment.

Shifter feels notchy & tight, definitely better than the M2's I've driven in the past (not that it's the same transmission). No clutch issues, no shifting issues.

C61oJoG.jpg

U4gdocN.jpg

J7gIBe4.jpg

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@94boosted is that the one from North West Edmonton? I thought you were first at Heninger
It's a bit of a long story, but needless to say I got this car with quite a bit of luck on my side. The deposits I had down were at Red Deer Toyota and Silverwood Toyota (Lloydminster), neither of those came through. All the dealerships I spoke with in Calgary wanted ridiculous deposits and had long lists of people on them.

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
It's a bit of a long story, but needless to say I got this car with quite a bit of luck on my side. The deposits I had down were at Red Deer Toyota and Silverwood Toyota (Lloydminster), neither of those came through. All the dealerships I spoke with in Calgary wanted ridiculous deposits and had long lists of people on them.
And that's where (Red Deer) I just put myself on the list...