Canadian Manual Transmission Allocations

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Correct - maybe they can sell it out of province when the model year rolls over 🤷‍♂️
Are you financing or full buy out? My dealer and my FI I work at won't finance out of province. Risk mitigation.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cash deal
Did you actually talk to corporate or did the dealer pass that on to you. Probably didn't want to sell out of province and keep it local so the car comes back for maintenance work.

5AMPWR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Sti Sport tech - 2023 Manual 3.0 - On order
Did you actually talk to corporate or did the dealer pass that on to you. Probably didn't want to sell out of province and keep it local so the car comes back for maintenance work.
I spoke to the main sales manager - Initial phone call had him all good. A day later he phoned me back about the Toyota Canada news.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 BMW 335xi, 2004 Acura RSX
I didn’t consider the service business but yeah they may want you coming back for service, although there is nothing obligating you to do so even if you’re local.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
FWIW my dealership (same province) wouldn’t sell me the car without financing as they get a kick back from the bank. I wanted a cash deal, they refused. Needless to say I “financed” and paid out the entire loan amount with the bank the next business day.

silver28

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 435i
Unbelievable. I found a 23 MT sitting in a GTA dealership, just delivered the previous day, and without a buyer (I believe they backed out). Safe to say I'm picking it up this week.
What? Really!? Can I ask which dealership and what colour? Is that what we should be doing...just call around to check inventory? Did they charge you any markup?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What? Really!? Can I ask which dealership and what colour? Is that what we should be doing...just call around to check inventory? Did they charge you any markup?
You should have been going to multiple dealers from the start.

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Oakville, but I would second just keeping tabs on multiple dealers in your area. I don't think there are many sitting around unaccounted for, but likely buyers backing out due to change of plans, financing, finding allocations elsewhere, etc.

Got them to drop dealer fee but they were quite pushy on the appearance protection/warranty plans. Good to know that you can cancel the Appearance-Gard up to 30 days after delivery though.

HalHaxor

First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr86, Lexus UX250h
Hey guys, I passed on the MT supra nocturnal that is supposed to land in September at Toyota Valleyfield. I don't know if they sell to out of province customers but you can ask for Benjamin and tell him that Alex sent you. I bought a gr86 from them last year and they were great all around

5AMPWR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Sti Sport tech - 2023 Manual 3.0 - On order
I really want that CU later grey MT supra still sitting at Breton Toyota - Here's me hoping they will call back "oh we can sell it now"

Zoomie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 RSX, 2021 4Runner, 2023 GR Supra 3.0MT
I asked for a MT in Stratosphere Blue - one being built in August was allocated to Ontario and my local BC dealership did a 3-way drug deal to get my name on it. Just waiting for the VTN to become a VIN. Hopefully showing up end-August.
Sponsored