Can't Find Wiper Blade Replacements

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Iā€™ve always had great experiences with Bosch ICON. Sizes for the Supra are 21OE and 22OE.
I just installed these sizes (22" = Driver, 21" = Passenger) but used the new Bosch Envision wiper blades.

They are pretty expensive (~$36 each o_O) but AutoZone did not have an unopened Icons which I usually use (seemed like returns). These are supposedly better with super 8k night vision / x-ray vision lol ;). They are running a promo where you get a $15 AutoZone giftcard with purchase of two.

The required a little jiggling but the connector which came installed on the blades fit (there are three others in the package).

Doing the squirt test in the driveway, they gave a nice clean wipe. Will report back with more mileage.

For reference, here is the procedure for positioning the blades to change (note, they cycle 3 times so prob a good idea to wet the windshield if it is dirty):

Wiper Blade Service 1.JPG
Wiper Blade Service 2.JPG

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Iā€™m a fan of Bosch wiper blades, but the OEM set is $50 MSRP and can be found for less online.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Iā€™m a fan of Bosch wiper blades, but the OEM set is $50 MSRP and can be found for less online.
Yes, I found them for $42 shipped but the gf wanted to replace now.

I think BMW OEM blades are pretty good (my 2 year old X3MC seems fine), but not sure how long they will last vs. the ICONS.

With the ICONS I have run them on my truck for many years between changing. This has actually made the cost cheaper vs. other aftermarket blades which I swapped annually.

The fact that her OEM ones were bad already was sort of a push for the Bosch. In fairness, the car build date was June 2020 and she purchased March 2021 so a lot of sitting in the sun without being used which could have lead to the early demise.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I just installed these sizes (22" = Driver, 21" = Passenger) but used the new Bosch Envision wiper blades.

They are pretty expensive (~$36 each o_O) but AutoZone did not have an unopened Icons which I usually use (seemed like returns). These are supposedly better with super 8k night vision / x-ray vision lol ;). They are running a promo where you get a $15 AutoZone giftcard with purchase of two.

The required a little jiggling but the connector which came installed on the blades fit (there are three others in the package).

Doing the squirt test in the driveway, they gave a nice clean wipe. Will report back with more mileage.

For reference, here is the procedure for positioning the blades to change (note, they cycle 3 times so prob a good idea to wet the windshield if it is dirty):

Wiper Blade Service 1.JPG
Wiper Blade Service 2.JPG
I am curious to hear your experience with these after some time. Saw those and considered them but decided to stick with what I knew in the ICONs. If they are better Iā€™ll be switching right away. ~$72 to see as clearly as possible in the rain is well worth it. Iā€™ve always felt you should buy the best wiper blades, headlights, brakes, and tires regardless of price because you need to see, stop, and stay on the road.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am curious to hear your experience with these after some time. Saw those and considered them but decided to stick with what I knew in the ICONs. If they are better Iā€™ll be switching right away. ~$72 to see as clearly as possible in the rain is well worth it. Iā€™ve always felt you should buy the best wiper blades, headlights, brakes, and tires regardless of price because you need to see, stop, and stay on the road.
I will post back impressions. Last night I had to move the car in a lite rain and they were good but I canā€™t say it was any better than the icons (which are excellent) or really any new blade.

I started using the icons after about 20 years of other brands and have found them amazing and long lasting. Iā€™m dubious that these envisions are that much better. Though I think it was about $6 extra per blade.

I was really tempted to get one of each type per side but didnā€™t.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update to the Bosch Envisions:

Although the wipers worked very well, I found them noisy when in use (think old rubber squeegee on glass sound).

I have had ICONs for years and only once had this issue - once I exchanged it, the noise went away (I suspect it was sitting on the shelf for a while). I also recently installed ICONs on my X3MC and they are quiet.

So, I have decided to return the Envisions for a set of ICONs. It could be these were sitting around (though I think this is a new model) or it even could be the Supra windshield (I got the same noise with the old OEM blades).

But, I do not see any advantage of the Envisions over the ICONs so plan to return these and install a set of ICONs (which was the plan but the store had no unopened packs in the size I needed).

For reference, these are the sizes:

Driver: 22OE
Pass: 21OE
Bosch Adapter: #2 (this is what is on the blades by default. Interestingly, my X3MC used Adapter #6 but the connections look the same to me between vehicles. Must be a slight change?)

Will post back once I have the set of ICONs installed.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Thanks for the feedback! I had put the ICONs up against a couple different sets from Michelin a few years ago and they were better back then as well. Bosch might have found the sweet spot that even they canā€™t really improve upon.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In fairness, the OEM ones made the same noise so can't rule out a vehicle/windshield issue.

But I have used the ICONs on other vehicles and they are great. I have them on my truck (1.5 years) and still going strong.

Mehster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
I finally switched out the OEM wiper blades. I went with Bosch Envision. Part # EN22OE and EN21OE at Autozone. They were pricey, but the install was super easy and they work great. I tested them in the snow the other day and they were quiet and no streaking.

To save someone having to go through their manual for the replacement procedure:
  • Put car in standby (basically just open the door and sit in the car without hitting the start button)
  • Hold the wiper stalk down (towards the ground) for 3-4 seconds. The wipers will move into straight up and down position. Fold them out from the car.
  • On the stock wiper blades you will see a button on the top. Press it and pull the blade straight out from the car. It should come out with a little jiggling.
  • For the Bosch blades I purchased you can use the adapter that came on the blade. It came with 3 or 4 different adapters. Just push it straight on the stalk until it clicks. Note: The driver and passenger side are slightly different lengths. Make sure to compare before you try to stick it on there.
  • Fold the blades down against the window. Go in the car and hold the wiper stalk in a down position until it goes back under the hood cowl.
  • Voila, done.
When I was at auto-zone, they now have 3 or 4 different kinds that fit the car. I would have tried the ICON's per a lot of recommendations here, but they didn't have the driver's side size available when I was there and I was impatient. I think the Envisions will be just fine. Cheers!

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I finally switched out the OEM wiper blades. I went with Bosch Envision. Part # EN22OE and EN21OE at Autozone. They were pricey, but the install was super easy and they work great. I tested them in the snow the other day and they were quiet and no streaking.

To save someone having to go through their manual for the replacement procedure:
  • Put car in standby (basically just open the door and sit in the car without hitting the start button)
  • Hold the wiper stalk down (towards the ground) for 3-4 seconds. The wipers will move into straight up and down position. Fold them out from the car.
  • On the stock wiper blades you will see a button on the top. Press it and pull the blade straight out from the car. It should come out with a little jiggling.
  • For the Bosch blades I purchased you can use the adapter that came on the blade. It came with 3 or 4 different adapters. Just push it straight on the stalk until it clicks. Note: The driver and passenger side are slightly different lengths. Make sure to compare before you try to stick it on there.
  • Fold the blades down against the window. Go in the car and hold the wiper stalk in a down position until it goes back under the hood cowl.
  • Voila, done.
When I was at auto-zone, they now have 3 or 4 different kinds that fit the car. I would have tried the ICON's per a lot of recommendations here, but they didn't have the driver's side size available when I was there and I was impatient. I think the Envisions will be just fine. Cheers!
Had the same issue with the lack of the driver's side (I think - one of them was not there).

I'm not sure if that particular set of Envisons were old, but we ended up returning because they were not quite.

I think I'll wait to find a set of Icons - put the OEMs back on in the interim.

I also switched out the wipers on my X3MC with ICONS and they have been working great (as expected).

One word of caution, the auto function seems to be based on a sensor/camera. I had the wipers on my X3 do a full dry wipe due to road salt. Probably no damage, but I would recommend hitting the washer if you get salt on the windshield.

And bravo for driving the Supra in the snow!

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow

• Voila, done.
you said it comes with the adapter? I got the icons and canā€™t figure out how this works
Sponsored