Car And Driver 10 Best Cars for 2023

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
My "daily" '17 GTI hurts a lot of feelings, handles Tail of the Dragon just fine as well. Sticky tires helps a ton with hook up, i rarely have an issue. It punches WAY above its class. It's also super practical and you can fit a ton of crap in it.
My buddy always brings up the story when him and one of our other friends went out to the tail in his modded Mk7 GTI and the other guys Camaro SS. The guy in the golf finished almost 10 minutes before the guy in the Camaro, and when Camaro friend took a ride in the golf he basically started freaking out and yelling at him to slow down the whole time.
Sponsored

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
My buddy always brings up the story when him and one of our other friends went out to the tail in his modded Mk7 GTI and the other guys Camaro SS. The guy in the golf finished almost 10 minutes before the guy in the Camaro, and when Camaro friend took a ride in the golf he basically started freaking out and yelling at him to slow down the whole time.
I know this is a Supra forum and we’ll try to keep it on topic here but the MQB platform was always overlooked by consumers for whatever the reason. They can handle almost double the HP without getting into the engine and they handle amazingly well. I still enjoy driving the Supra more for what it is but for a daily, the MQB platform is hard to beat.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
My "daily" '17 GTI hurts a lot of feelings, handles Tail of the Dragon just fine as well. Sticky tires helps a ton with hook up, i rarely have an issue. It punches WAY above its class. It's also super practical and you can fit a ton of crap in it.
Yep. I was one that never understood the appeal of hot hatches until I got one. But after having had one and dailying it now for a few weeks I totally get it - it does everything, it’s fast, practical and it’s surprisingly sporty and fun.

Cant really brush off FWD cars as non sports cars these days. All that matters is some sort of objective measurement (I.e. lap times) and the CTR lap times speak for themselves.
Sponsored