Best tuning options for 2023 MT

lolinternets

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MT Renaissance Red
I like that kind of thinking but it's expensive buying one off a wreck!
I believe it probably has to be a brand new dme that’s not associated with any other VIN.

A quick search online and seems like a new dme from Toyota for a 2023 MT is roughly 1300 dollars. I’m going to drop by the local dealership and see how much they’ll charge for programming a new DME.
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I believe it probably has to be a brand new dme that’s not associated with any other VIN.

A quick search online and seems like a new dme from Toyota for a 2023 MT is roughly 1300 dollars. I’m going to drop by the local dealership and see how much they’ll charge for programming a new DME.
That seems too cheap. I see salvages sell on here for upwards of $2,500. 🤷‍♂️

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
This part does not exist. As in, there's none in the world that you can just walk into a parts department and simply purchase. Purchasing a new DME through a Toyota dealer, regardless of part number you come up with, has to be done by using your own VIN, and they have to submit it to BMW on your behalf.

It's called the "Coded Parts Ordering Process" in Toyotaland, and the only way a dealer can get their hands on one.

lolinternets

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MT Renaissance Red
Why aren't we all just buying these from Toyota and then shipping them off to Femto?
not trying to purchase a pre 6/20 from Toyota. Like you said, that’s not possible.

let’s say your dme got bricked for whatever reason. Toyota should be able to replace it and program it to your specific vin to work with your car/keys etc.

kingoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CUL A91-MT
Because the ones people are buying are pre2020 for full clones. No one doing partial unlocks needs a second dme.
Is there some more information about this? My understanding is that MT are only partial unlocks. Someone sold me a spare ECU for an MT that they said was already unlocked for the car (when I bought the car used). Are you saying there is no reason to have this backup? Why is that?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Is there some more information about this? My understanding is that MT are only partial unlocks. Someone sold me a spare ECU for an MT that they said was already unlocked for the car (when I bought the car used). Are you saying there is no reason to have this backup? Why is that?
Why would you need a back up dme when they're going to function the same. Both would only be able to get a partial unlock. A pre2020 dme isn't going to work on your a MT transmission car.

kingoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CUL A91-MT
Why would you need a back up dme when they're going to function the same. Both would only be able to get a partial unlock. A pre2020 dme isn't going to work on your a MT transmission car.
He mentioned in case the car got accidentally flashed for example, you'd have a backup on hand.

He said he got the extra from FEMTO sent to him already for this car because they thought his original computer got lost in the mail, then he ended up with both. Does this sound legit?

Last edited:

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Stop it guys, I’m trying to leave this car alone.

I don’t need another scenario like my old ‘05 LS2 GTO where I break the engine, the driveshaft, the tailshaft of the T56 and the rear diff before it was even three years old.

/whispers to self “leave it stock, leave it stock”

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra

I don’t need another scenario like my old ‘05 LS2 GTO where I break the engine, the driveshaft, the tailshaft of the T56 and the rear diff before it was even three years old.

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A

I know you're joking, but there are PLENTY of guys with 70k+ miles who have been tuned or on a bigger turbo since almost day one. Just have to exercise discipline and know where to draw the line. I'd be happy with just an E50 tune, full bolt and a custom tune. Maybe max after that would be a hybrid turbo, but that's it.
Sponsored