Car excessively burning oil?

Is your car excessively burning oil?

• Total voters

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
I know there is a possible defect in these 2engines but I am not 100 percent sure it might be a combo of parts causing the low oil issue.

I am working with the dealer on mine I have two issues unable to check engine oil (it’s stops at 20 percent) and mine is burning about 1 quart every 1000-1200 miles!

The two parts below might fix the two issues!

Here is what I think fixes the rapid oil consumption is the
VALVE ASSEMBLY, OIL PRESSURE CONTROL
Part Number: 23950WAA01

And the unable to check engine oil level is the

SENSOR, ENGINE OIL LEVEL
Part Number: 89491WAA01
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Why do you think it's that part causing the consumption issue?
Sponsored

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Why do you think it's that part causing the consumption issue?
There is a few people who had these two parts replaced and they were good! Not saying you still don’t have some internal damage like scored Cylinders! I guess if your burning 1 quart every 500 miles your kinda screwed but maybe not. It’s amazing that toyota ain’t solved this yet but maybe they have and the toyota dealerships just don’t know yet…

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There is a few people who had these two parts replaced and they were good! Not saying you still don’t have some internal damage like scored Cylinders! I guess if your burning 1 quart every 500 miles your kinda screwed but maybe not. It’s amazing that toyota ain’t solved this yet but maybe they have and the toyota dealerships just don’t know yet…
I'm definitely not burning 1 quart every 500 miles. Don't say anything about scored cylinders! That's my worst nightmare. Happened with an Audi I had :mad:. If it had scored cylinders, wouldn't the car perform bad, misfire, throw some codes or something? My car feels great.

Have you changed out that part yet?

OilySupra

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2021
8400 miles in and 6th quart of oil added. It seems to slowed down as last one was over 2k miles ago. I am waiting for a Blackstone lab I did. From what I've heard so far. All is looking like the 2jz is making a come back. V8 for the 3.0 maybe to get rid of the oil consumption with the turbos?
Going to do a test of 1200 miles to check consumption again. Not planning to take it easy on it.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm definitely not burning 1 quart every 500 miles. Don't say anything about scored cylinders! That's my worst nightmare. Happened with an Audi I had :mad:. If it had scored cylinders, wouldn't the car perform bad, misfire, throw some codes or something? My car feels great.

Have you changed out that part yet?
The dealer has my car right now I have the two issues above and they got this info. I am hoping toyota and the dealer can figure it out, the Supra tech does not know and I got this info to him via emailing it the service advisor! Hopefully he can Contact a higher up toyota corporate supra service tech and figure this out

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
8400 miles in and 6th quart of oil added. It seems to slowed down as last one was over 2k miles ago. I am waiting for a Blackstone lab I did. From what I've heard so far. All is looking like the 2jz is making a come back. V8 for the 3.0 maybe to get rid of the oil consumption with the turbos?
Going to do a test of 1200 miles to check consumption again. Not planning to take it easy on it.
You checked out the oil pressure sensor yet?

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
I checked my oil today, and I'm down 1/4 quart. I've travelled 3,900kms (2,200miles) since my oil change. Mine burns roughly 1 quart per 7,500kms (4,500miles) I guess mine falls within normal consumption range. Still sucks it consumes oil.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I checked my oil today, and I'm down 1/4 quart. I've travelled 3,900kms (2,200miles) since my oil change. Mine burns roughly 1 quart per 7,500kms (4,500miles) I guess mine falls within normal consumption range. Still sucks it consumes oil.
That’s better than previously right? And I know what you mean. I always thought oil consumption was a very bad thing. First time going to a bmw engine and I’m told it’s normal lol.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Thats literally little use and over time it should even be better. You have a normal turbo-charged BMW motor. That useage rate is beyond normal. Its very very little per BMW's own guidance. You dont have anything to worry about.

Id use a litre or less in Germany with my M235i and M2. My 440i is the same, using virtually none between changes. Id worry very little if were you. Relook BMW's own specs for use. You are not close.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
Noticed my car starts to get .25 quarts low at about 3800-3900 miles after an oil change. I can go about 800 miles before I get the add oil message. My current mileage is 9857. I am not too worried about it because I am doing the 5000 mile oil change intervals.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The dealer has my car right now I have the two issues above and they got this info. I am hoping toyota and the dealer can figure it out, the Supra tech does not know and I got this info to him via emailing it the service advisor! Hopefully he can Contact a higher up toyota corporate supra service tech and figure this out
Any update on the status of your car? Has the dealer been able to solve anything yet?

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Hit 1,402 miles and got the low oil / add a quart notification. 2021 3.0 with JB4, Injen Evo, and Borla exhaust. Currently in the auto parts store parking lot waiting for it to open. Nice start to Labor Day.
Sponsored