Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0

Toshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Nitro Yellow
1,000 miles since my last oil change and my oil is still at the full mark. I hope it stays there : ) I burned a quart through the engine break in phase so hopefully that was it. My engine is at 6700 miles now.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
1,000 miles since my last oil change and my oil is still at the full mark. I hope it stays there : ) I burned a quart through the engine break in phase so hopefully that was it. My engine is at 6700 miles now.
This seems to be a normal consumption rate. Mine burns a quart every 4,000 miles.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 premium build date 07/21. I just hit 2000 miles with no oil consumption issues.
6F763C97-15B8-4976-82A0-51DE18CF5D2B.jpeg
Keep a close eye on it around the 2,700-3,300 mile mark. That seems to be the average when they start to dip down.

TheBayA90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal A90, 2021 Lexus RX350 F sport
Keep a close eye on it around the 2,700-3,300 mile mark. That seems to be the average when they start to dip down.
I will make sure to update around that range. Will be doing an oil change in the next week or so.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Well guys, I can finally join the low oil light party. It asked for another qt tonight. Car currently has 5200 miles on it running 5-30 for the past 2700 miles. Going to add a qt and keep on driving another 2300 miles like nothing ever happened. I had 4 track days (auto-x) on this oil, so honestly making it 2700 without having to add a qt, I couldn't be happier.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well guys, I can finally join the low oil light party. It asked for another qt tonight. Car currently has 5200 miles on it running 5-30 for the past 2700 miles. Going to add a qt and keep on driving another 2300 miles like nothing ever happened. I had 4 track days (auto-x) on this oil, so honestly making it 2700 without having to add a qt, I couldn't be happier.
You're within spec. Nothing to be worried about. The Porsche 911, and the Cayman consume oil as well. I drive mine like a old lady, and I manage to get about 4000 miles before the light comes on. When my light came on the dealer only added 3/4 of a quart and it showed full again. The electronic dipstick is not accurate.

Reactions: zrk

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
You're within spec. Nothing to be worried about. The Porsche 911, and the Cayman consume oil as well. I drive mine like a old lady, and I manage to get about 4000 miles before the light comes on. When my light came on the dealer only added 3/4 of a quart and it showed full again. The electronic dipstick is not accurate.
Ya im not worried about it at all. I'm happy with how long it went without having to add oil. I added a qt so we will see what it reads tomorrow after my typical drive home. I have 3 other boosted cars and all of them eat about a qt every 2000.

Reactions: zrk

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I had 4 track days (auto-x) on this oil
I have definitely noticed burn after a track day or heavy racing. My oil has been good except when I burnt some on the drag strip, and burnt some when I hit top speed. I’m assuming it’s normal and the same cause for your burn after the track

Branflakes123

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue
Put this shit in google drive so we can make a pivot table.
First off, I put this in Google sheets so it's more readable:

Google sheet

I took some more data points and learned some things, I really don't know where I'm going with this I'm just enjoying collecting the data. Maybe debunking the myths about the oil sensor being bad? Anyways here's some info, and check out the data in the spread sheet.

1. A quart of oil equates to ~11-13mm from the perspective of the oil sensor

2. I did not measure my car's oil immediately after a dealership change so there is a gap, but I think it's safe to assume my oil level was between 94-96mm post change. This is very interesting because after hitting the min marker, we can see that one quart puts my oil level at 100% but not at dealer spec, so how much oil is actually in the car? (You bet I'm gonna measure as soon as I do an oil change, but winter is coming so might not be until April)

3. If the dealer put 6.9qts (6.5 liters) in my car, the iDrive marker for 100% does not drop to 75% until I lost about a quart from total oil. Now this is not a sensor issue, the oil thresholds for iDrive are just not aggressive. They sit low.....if the dealer overfilled, tbd. So in this situation, iDrive did not warn me about low oil until I had lost ~1.5 quarts. Not thrilled about that, but not an engine ending scenario. An easy fix would be, just put a quart in when iDrive hits 50% instead of min.

4. I REALLY want to change my oil and see what exactly 6.9 quarts reads, if we know what that max is, we can know when is most appropriate to put a quart in.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
First off, I put this in Google sheets so it's more readable:

Google sheet

I took some more data points and learned some things, I really don't know where I'm going with this I'm just enjoying collecting the data. Maybe debunking the myths about the oil sensor being bad? Anyways here's some info, and check out the data in the spread sheet.

1. A quart of oil equates to ~11-13mm from the perspective of the oil sensor

2. I did not measure my car's oil immediately after a dealership change so there is a gap, but I think it's safe to assume my oil level was between 94-96mm post change. This is very interesting because after hitting the min marker, we can see that one quart puts my oil level at 100% but not at dealer spec, so how much oil is actually in the car? (You bet I'm gonna measure as soon as I do an oil change, but winter is coming so might not be until April)

3. If the dealer put 6.9qts (6.5 liters) in my car, the iDrive marker for 100% does not drop to 75% until I lost about a quart from total oil. Now this is not a sensor issue, the oil thresholds for iDrive are just not aggressive. They sit low.....if the dealer overfilled, tbd. So in this situation, iDrive did not warn me about low oil until I had lost ~1.5 quarts. Not thrilled about that, but not an engine ending scenario. An easy fix would be, just put a quart in when iDrive hits 50% instead of min.

4. I REALLY want to change my oil and see what exactly 6.9 quarts reads, if we know what that max is, we can know when is most appropriate to put a quart in.
I'm not going to waste my time trying to measure out exactly 6.9 quarts. Seven quarts reads full. I will 99.9999% guarantee you 6.9 does as well. I would have said 100% but I've learned nothing in life is ever 100% guaranteed. ;-)

You are seriously overthinking this. Put in 7 when you change the oil. Add a quart when you get the notification. And enjoy driving the snot out of it.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I'm not going to waste my time trying to measure out exactly 6.9 quarts. Seven quarts reads full. I will 99.9999% guarantee you 6.9 does as well. I would have said 100% but I've learned nothing in life is ever 100% guaranteed. ;-)

You are seriously overthinking this. Put in 7 when you change the oil. Add a quart when you get the notification. And enjoy driving the snot out of it.
Good advice. One point. Put a touch less in given the variance with measurement. If it needs 1 litre or qt put half and re-measure and add if needed.
Also with the numbers your seeing OP Chadwell - I would have the dealer change the sensor. Its the driver for what you see on the screen. Members have changed it and been not in the pool for oil monitoring.
Sponsored