Car slightly shakes during startup

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
After changing the oil to the newest generation of 0w20 the shakes on startup are completely gone, or at least I didn’t notice them anymore.
Tested on a few cold starts from 30-50 F
so it could be related to lspi

can really recommend the engine oil it’s Liqui Moly TopTec 6600, for the states it should be Special Tec AA
IMG_1077.jpeg

This is what I use 👍

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Mine does this, and it's very off-putting. For a supposed "smooth, inline 6", it shakes like a cam'd V8 at 1k RPM. For my car, it only does it on a cold start, and only until it idles down below 1k RPM, then it's fine.
While a balanced inline configuration, that inherent balance is horizontally balanced due to the only up and down motions coupled to symmetrical firing orders. That said there is still vertical inertia from the pistons which is historically offset by gravity and engine weight. V6s shake left to right unevenly, inlines 6s shake up and down evenly.

This is undone a bit by the engineers mounting the engine rotated on its side to save height. The mounting system has to warm up a bit to compensate

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Likely unrelated, but I have a problem with my wife making noise when I randomly apply full throttle. She only seems to make the noise under heavy acceleration. 😂
Sponsored