Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
This looks so good. Now would you do all the vents like that too? The ones on the door and back? Do they even make those? Would those two spots be a lot harder install?
I didn’t want to go carbon crazy but wanted the hood vents to match the oem mirrors… just enough without carbon overkill. Done ✔

DA91D20F-85D4-4CD9-8C53-A1F20547C78E.jpeg
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I’d buy these in a second if any company made them in just gloss black. I’ve seen many people requesting other than CF.. surprised no company is picking this up

mdemo

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Tiguan

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I read online that the Supra fake vents can be made into real vents. I think it was @tadda that said it on the post I read?
Has anyone attempted this yet? I’m not trying to make a race car but was thinking of making the vents glow with some LED lighting. Any thoughts on this?
Sorry, that wasn't me that mentioned that..

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
I was on the same track when I got the car, but after trolling the web for a few days I gave up on the idea. Sorry to say that the only open vents I found are the ones for the hood, nothing for the bumpers.
Hope you have better luck?? post an update if you do find something

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Toyota said they can be made into real vents…
A YouTube took off all the vents to show that the only thing behind them was car metal. There are no through holes in the car.

mdemo

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Tiguan
Toyota said they can be made into real vents…
A YouTube took off all the vents to show that the only thing behind them was car metal. There are no through holes in the car.
Yeah from what I’ve seen taking the car apart, you would have to do some major modding, but it could be done. Not worth it in my opinion! Thanks for the reply.

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Should consider stopping thinking of them as "fake vents" and instead think of them as "color accent panels." Someone could produce different color overlays to allow one to personalize their car even more. The OP's LED panel idea fit this concept.

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
Should consider stopping thinking of them as "fake vents" and instead think of them as "color accent panels." Someone could produce different color overlays to allow one to personalize their car even more. The OP's LED panel idea fit this concept.
I agree with you there. I cringe when I see people simply popping these panels out and putting in open “vents”…aren’t they just going to help rainwater find new places to sit and cause corrosion? Sure, the idea of leaving tasteful locations for future modifications for a race car is great, but it’s way more involved than simply replacing the cover. I really liked the idea of thinking of them as accent pieces, and especially the possibilities of using them creatively with LED.

mdemo

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Tiguan
I agree with you there. I cringe when I see people simply popping these panels out and putting in open “vents”…aren’t they just going to help rainwater find new places to sit and cause corrosion? Sure, the idea of leaving tasteful locations for future modifications for a race car is great, but it’s way more involved than simply replacing the cover. I really liked the idea of thinking of them as accent pieces, and especially the possibilities of using them creatively with LED.
yeah that was what I was mainly wanting to do, put some type of LED's in them for accent glowing.