Ceramic / PPF + Car Wash

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Kind of depends on a combination of how long you plan on keeping your car and how much you care about appearance during that window.

I bought my car used with some chips here and there already. I was quoted 2200 for front PPF. It also stays outside at my apartmentand it’s a daily-ish driver.

I’m not going to get 2200 more for it (in my opinion) when I go to sell it, so for me, I skipped PPF. I think there is a tier of cars where you’ll recoup your cost of PPF, but the Supra is not in that tier. Consider this is an expense for appearance (nothing wrong with that) on this car - not an investment.

I do hand wash it fairly frequently, and I am considering ceramic just to make that easier, FWIW.

a91mt.hi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' A91 MT CU Later Gray
Keep in mind the skill of the PPF installer and if relief cuts will drive you crazy (lines in the PPF) or if they're using a pre-cut kit (again, more lines, potential for dirt build up).

Other advice in this thread is pretty spot on for maintenance washes. Another added cost to PPF is a detailer/installer will want to do a stage 1 paint correction prior to applying the PPF. If you're doing full, that's where a good bit of the cost comes in.

Be sure whomever you chose, that you can see some of their work (i.e. their own cars or customer cars)

OP
OP

supra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra / Nitro Yellow
Fenders and rockers a must. Magnet for rocks.
one of the shops has a track package (full front + fenders) XPEL ultimate plus for $1900. I am leaning towards this package and the ceramic tint.

I'm still trying to rationalize the full PPF for $6000. If I did front PPF would the paint fade differently from the front half vs back half (since PPF protects against UV damage)?

OP
OP

supra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra / Nitro Yellow
Keep in mind the skill of the PPF installer and if relief cuts will drive you crazy (lines in the PPF) or if they're using a pre-cut kit (again, more lines, potential for dirt build up).

Other advice in this thread is pretty spot on for maintenance washes. Another added cost to PPF is a detailer/installer will want to do a stage 1 paint correction prior to applying the PPF. If you're doing full, that's where a good bit of the cost comes in.

Be sure whomever you chose, that you can see some of their work (i.e. their own cars or customer cars)
These are the two installers I'm looking at over here in KC; they have good reviews on google and their websites look good~

https://www.cornerstonetint.com/

https://kcdetailing.com/

has anyone had any experience with either of these installers?

a91mt.hi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' A91 MT CU Later Gray
These are the two installers I'm looking at over here in KC; they have good reviews on google and their websites look good~

https://www.cornerstonetint.com/

https://kcdetailing.com/

has anyone had any experience with either of these installers?
These both look like really good legit installers, gather your questions, and make them a visit, I bet they'll have some actual installs going on when you go by you can check out.

Good luck, keep that car nice!

Malcolm Feth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
I just got my new car done in Xpel PPF (front + performance pack). Looks amazing. Getting back the car on Friday and planning to do light body polish to get these micro-scratches off and then Nasiol ceramic is going on :)

ps.. I was considering doing full body PPF, but then it would have to be Stealth Xpel (satin finish) which would look pretty awesome on a yellow car. As mentioned earlier, hard to justify $6k :D

lemanlysol

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3P NY
If a traditional hand wash is not possible, give this No Rinse wash a try
CC325146-5E5C-4D68-B696-E0D67524222E.jpeg

Provided that your car is not SUPER crusty, this is a good solution. Been washing my car this way for 15 years, this is my preferred process.
ONR is awesome. I dilute it with ROed water and use the two bucket approach in the garage. Never had to use a hose. There could be something better but im happy with the results and the short amount of time and water it takes to get a regular wash done.

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
$2800 full front PPF is crazy to me. I paid $1800 for full front, $400 for ceramic tint on my side windows and $200 paint correction. That's still cheaper than the PPF alone 🥹

FRSBRZGT86FAN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 BASE
$2800 full front PPF is crazy to me. I paid $1800 for full front, $400 for ceramic tint on my side windows and $200 paint correction. That's still cheaper than the PPF alone 🥹

I paid $2900 for hood, headlight and front bumper ppf and whole car ceramic coating. I think it really depends on your area and the quality of work you are getting.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
When I lived in a flat the best way to keep a car reasonably clean for me quickly/lower effort and without water mains, was a handheld electric pressure washer - you just need a 5 gallon bucket of water and the machine will draw water from it, you just need to prime the tube yourself.

I did this all the time especially like you said for salt/grit to rinse out the wheel wells and lower panels.

Buy an IK Spray Foamer, get some pre wash soap in it, foam up the wheels/wells/lower panels, and rinse away.

For the cleaner areas, rinse, then use Meguiars Waterless Wash and Wax as a lubricant soap and wet microfibre towels.

I did this process with minimal tools and I managed to keep the car clean enough to look nice with minimal tools and cheap to do.
Sponsored