Chatter from turbo during acceleration (2021 A91)

OP
OP
zsupra

zsupra

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
It's not as extreme as the video shows. Here’s a clip of mine.
Sounds like valve train noise to me. I had that on my STI. I went to a thicker oil and it cleared right up.
yeah I’m going 5w-30 for my next oil change. I feel like it’s wastegate rattle since it only reallly happens at start up, and light accel. Once it warms up, it goes away, and can’t be heard when you rev. Really odd, probably a characteristic of the B58 though
Sponsored

OP
OP
zsupra

zsupra

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
Sooooooo, I went to the BMW dealerships in my area, and asked to start the Z4 m40i and the m340i, they all sounded exactly the same as my car. To add, the M2 comp sounded worse.

I feel better now.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It's not as extreme as the video shows. Here’s a clip of mine.

yeah I’m going 5w-30 for my next oil change. I feel like it’s wastegate rattle since it only reallly happens at start up, and light accel. Once it warms up, it goes away, and can’t be heard when you rev. Really odd, probably a characteristic of the B58 though
I'm doing the same when it gets here. Drive it home, and change the oil. That EPA piss can suck it.

OP
OP
zsupra

zsupra

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
I'm surprised at that. I wouldn't think they'd all be sold already.
Hey, how did you go about ordering the A91 edition? Would you be able to tell me the dealer lol, kinda want to order one.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Hey, how did you go about ordering the A91 edition? Would you be able to tell me the dealer lol, kinda want to order one.
I went into the dealer in February, gave them money, they put the order in and now it's somewhere on the Atlantic lol. I think they're all allocated by now so you'll have to call dealers and see who has one available.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Does anyone else get a chatter coming from the turbo side (sorta like a rattle) under throttle? This is mostly noticed when I have sound bouncing off a wall, and under acceleration in general.
Did you ever figure out what the chatter was? I notice it going under a bridge while accelerating hard. I thought it might be a transmission issue, or a bad turbo.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
A rattle on a low mileage modern BMW turbo engine???….Rear Timing Chain Tensioner???
Sponsored