Cheapest way to make minor tweaks

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
What’s the cheapest route to disable; auto start stop, fake exhaust noise in cabin and default to sport mode? I’ve seen the $70-$80 Bluetooth devices on Amazon. Do I also need to pay for bimmercode? Any other settings you would suggest also changing? Can I control the exhaust valve with bimmercode? Thanks!
Sponsored

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
Vgate iCar Pro wifi ~ 20 bucks and works with BimmerCode and BimmerLink.

Don’t use someone’s phone or app to change things on your car.
You need that specific phone and app to change some settings back through a backup that’s being made at first use.
Learned this the hard way :D

Exhaust valve can be controlled by BimmerLink.
Like there is a button to open and close, so you can open it in normal mode but the app needs to be open and the obd plug plugged in.
I’m seeing no real benefits in this, with BimmerCode you can change the car driving mode on startup to sport, which keeps the exhaust valve open too or just put it in sport mode. Heck it’s one klick after startup :D

I’m not sure but I think in BimmerLink was something like burble control. It’s been a while since I used it and the car is sleeping atm :)

Sure you can code nearly everything you want when you find someone with ECUtek

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
Vgate iCar Pro wifi ~ 20 bucks and works with BimmerCode and BimmerLink.
Hi BigRon,

Are you using Bimmercode and Bimmerlink on Android or Iphone?
I'm asking because a few years back the "torque" app was recommending bluetooth for Androids and Wifi for Iphone.

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
with BimmerCode you can change the car driving mode on startup to sport, which keeps the exhaust valve open too
This is only partly true. Yes, Bimmercode can change the mode at startup, but starting in sport mode will NOT open the exhaust valve. It will open shortly after warming up. Best way to accomplish the valve being open on startup is to pull it's fuse when the valve is open, while the car is running.
Here is the link to what fuse
Exhaust Valve Fuse

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
FWIW you can unplug a cable in the trunk to disable dynamic sound design or whatever it's called. There are instructions on the forum if you search. I don't think there is a free way to disable auto start/stop or start in sport mode.

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
Hi BigRon,

Are you using Bimmercode and Bimmerlink on Android or Iphone?
I'm asking because a few years back the "torque" app was recommending bluetooth for Androids and Wifi for Iphone.
I’m using iPhone and the vgate iCar Pro wifi without problems on both apps. Got no experience with bluetooth or android.

If that’s true I maybe did a lucky shot when buying :p
Sponsored