Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I’m thinking I might rent one on Turo for a day. Since it would be a daily driver, I could see if its something I could live with.
What’s the secret to getting out gracefully??
Sponsored

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Get your left leg out the door first, then put your left hand on the plastic next to the door sill. Use that to push down on to help lift your body up. My old BRZ had a rubberized texture there to help remind people its there for them to use. The Supra is just a hard plastic.

Also, make sure to duck your head! You'll feel real stupid hitting your head on your own car. Ask me how I know. LOL!

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Get your left leg out the door first, then put your left hand on the plastic next to the door sill. Use that to push down on to help lift your body up. My old BRZ had a rubberized texture there to help remind people its there for them to use. The Supra is just a hard plastic.

Also, make sure to duck your head! You'll feel real stupid hitting your head on your own car. Ask me how I know. LOL!
Thanks. I did that with my Prius. Thought the hatch was completely open. Hurt like an MF

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
That’s the one I was interested in.
I know it's a seller's market out there, but you could consider used Caymans/Boxsters/M3s/M4s or the like if you're willing to sacrifice today's driver aids and take on the responsibility of maintenance. It's a bougie thought, but it's hard for me to consider other brands now after having been spoiled with European luxury.

Some would definitely fall under your budget.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
Yolo……go get that Supra!

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know it's a seller's market out there, but you could consider used Caymans/Boxsters/M3s/M4s or the like if you're willing to sacrifice today's driver aids and take on the responsibility of maintenance. It's a bougie thought, but it's hard for me to consider other brands now after having been spoiled with European luxury.

Some would definitely fall under your budget.
I’ve looked at those cars at both Carmax and local dealerships. They are selling for the same price as the Supra. Plus, maintenance would be expensive

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Sounds good. Not in a hurry. There should be more in stock by then. I wonder if Costco Auto is good? Also, if the e-price is significant
I waited the last day of the year in 2019 and was able to get one about $9k off of msrp. Which was a steal back at that time! And the color and options I wanted came in off the truck same day too. You gotta be patient!!

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I waited the last day of the year in 2019 and was able to get one about $9k off of msrp. Which was a steal back at that time! And the color and options I wanted came in off the truck same day too. You gotta be patient!!
True. There is a 2021 3.0 for rent on Turo. Think I’m gonna rent it for the day. I just don’t want to regret not buying one for the next 10 years. Haven’t had a fun car since my 2001 MR2 Spider. The day I drove it home, I put the top down, and drove home for 2.5 hours, with a big smile the whole way.
If the Supra doesn’t work out, it’ll most likely be the GR86

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
True. There is a 2021 3.0 for rent on Turo. Think I’m gonna rent it for the day. I just don’t want to regret not buying one for the next 10 years. Haven’t had a fun car since my 2001 MR2 Spider. The day I drove it home, I put the top down, and drove home for 2.5 hours, with a big smile the whole way.
If the Supra doesn’t work out, it’ll most likely be the GR86
just wait out for the Supra or maybe new gr86.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did you already drive the existing 86? 200-5 hp. Did you think it was adequate? How much do you care about the looks? Do you want M/T or A/T..
<2022 86 is 200hp exists, cheap <~20K lots of bolt-on to speed up/customize if you dig that or get bored of 200hp.
2022 86 is ~223hp have to wait, ~32K+
Supra 2.0 is ~255hp ~$44k+
GR Yaris 268hp unknown price and availability
Supra 3.0 is ~335-85 ~$55 for the sake of simplicity..
Turo each for few days.. see if they talk to you I guess...
TRD Pro?
Sponsored