kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
i'd lean to agree, as they were designed to turn on and lock, not really apply gradual or varying pressure. Even if it could take it, there would be more stuff to add (hardware components) to make it work besides just the coding i would think
The only way I see a viable solution without a second caliper would be to add a way to trigger the rear brakes using the ABS pump/system. The Focus RS has a system like that as an add-on.
Sponsored

ChrisD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
A90 Supra, Twin Turbo 350Z, NA 370Z
I'm all for doing a dual caliper setup with a hydro handbrake... but haven't you still got the issue of not being able to stop the trans directly linking the rear wheels to the engine while you pull the handbrake? Obviously in a manual car you'd press the clutch pedal down to stop this but we can't do that with an auto. Its not just going to need to handle that when off throttle either - a lot of the time when drifting if you're on the handbrake you also want to be giving it some gas to keep the revs up ready for when you get off the handbrake, so how would that work with an auto? Will a torque converter trans just handle that fine even though the wheels are being locked up by the handbrake?

juzz

First Name
Juha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Has anyone ever tried what the car/trans does with the hydro handbrake injected in the main rear brake feed so using the same calipers?
Sponsored