Supra brake pads the same as Z4?

1siksupra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 downshift blue supra
You track a bunch- cut the sensor heads off and wire together and just tiny zip tie out of the way.

Trust me nothing is worse than a brake sensor going off and going into limp the first session of the day... ask me how i know ;)

I am sure you are good about checking pads yourself. The more idiot stuff I can unwire i do...
Will the red brake light on dash go off doing this?
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Will the red brake light on dash go off doing this?

no lights or limp. by snipping and wiring together you are keeping to voltage loop intact that the ecu is looking for

OP
OP

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2022 M235
Agreed. When I replaced pads, I made sure the existing pad sensors were good, then zip-tied them away

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
You track a bunch- cut the sensor heads off and wire together and just tiny zip tie out of the way.

Trust me nothing is worse than a brake sensor going off and going into limp the first session of the day... ask me how i know ;)

I am sure you are good about checking pads yourself. The more idiot stuff I can unwire i do...
I had to reply on here because this was the best source I could find.

09DA5337-A017-4D4E-B564-2C6DA119F77F.jpeg

Driving to the track Friday my brake pad sensor spontaneously activated. We just changed front and rear the day prior. Anyways, we listened to @Rocksandblues suggestion, wired them together, zip tied em out of the way and viola… problem solved!

If you want to fix the error and not visually inspect the thickness of your own pads, you can buy new sensors or do the @nibble reset. We couldn’t get the last step of nibble’s process to take. But that’s worth a try too if you want to keep your brake pad sensors.

To me this is one less thing to worry about. Wiring them together worked beautifully
70198381849__13002C0B-C012-4C30-824D-EC6D05BDC308.jpeg

After doing this, you still do the @nibble reset but viola! It worked this time. So did my rears too. Kudos to you guys for this post. Mega helpful!!
Sponsored

Last edited: